Thursday, May 27, 2010

A good friend...

...the first day we moved here, I had a cute little blonde girl in our new place playing with JL. She said her name was Moe. I told her that I would have to meet her mama before JL could go over and play. It wasn't long before Shayla came over to introduce herself, and later bring us these DELICIOUS chocolate chip cookies. She left the house thru the garage and saw my Matchbox sign and about had a coronary! She was a Rob fan too...and instantly we were bonded! We had the same pregnancy stories, the same likes/dislikes, and that was the beginning of a good friendship.
She came over at the end of April to tell me that she was gonna go to the Dr and talk about having another baby (which was scary since she gets as sick as me) and she was glowing! She went to the Dr and later came to tell me that she had an appointment at Huntsman cancer center. They were pretty sure she had breast cancer. They did a biopsy a few days later, and last week they confirmed the fact that she had breast cancer. On Monday she had a double massectomy and they removed a tumor in her lymph nodes. She is healing and doing well. Shayla is exactly 4 months older than me is all. Please pray for my cute friend! We are going to do a relay for life on the 4th of June @ Weber State. I love my Rob fan friend. When she same home, we had the house all sparkling, and decorated the porch and I left a sign on her door that said 'The rain's gonna wash away. I believe this. ~Rob Thomas.' I love ya, Shayla!

www.comewhatmay-xela.blogspot.com

I'll post pictures sometime soon!

3 comments:

Cecily R said...

Does she need help? My cousins started an organization to help plan and carry out fundraisers for families in situations like hers (after my cousin was diagnosed with stage two breast cancer). You can find more information at http://www.anythingforafriend.com. They really are amazing.

Unknown said...

Please tell her our thoughts and prayers are with her.

Grammy Staffy said...

I am so sorry that your dear friend is going through all of this... and so young. I am sure that your love and friendship is a great support and comfort to her.

I wish her well and will put her name in our local temple if you would like me to. She will be in my prayers.

Oh a lighter note, I love the picturs of Pres. Monson with the girls. How special for them and how sweet of our dear Prophet to take the time to do that.

Hugs, Lura