Wednesday, December 16, 2009

End of the YEAR...

...so much has happend this year! I wanted to write it all down, so I could remember...so here's our list of happenings for 2009...

The BEST thing that happend to us is that we moved!!! What an amazing thing for our family. The school they go to is AWESOME...and the ward we are in is AWESOME...and the neighborhood is AWESOME...altho we miss our friends in Ogden, we couldn't be happier here.

STEVEN is finishing up school and working really hard. He is such a good Dad and husband, it's amazing. He reminds me to keep my cool most of the time and for that and so many other things, I appreciate him. Also STEVEN was working at a house in Layton and fell some 20 or so feet and injured most of himself! It was scary, but we had so many people that called and helped us out...and I wanted to say thank you to BEN for wrapping up Steve's leg and running him to the ER to get his 50+ something stitches...we feel so blessed to have the friends and the family that we do. My Mom was also available (thank goodness) to watch the kids while I met them at the hospital. THANKS MOM!!! Oh and i'm glad that my Dad didn't pass out while they were stitching him up...THANKS DAD!!!

JL turned 8! What a great year for her! She has adjusted to school and made new friends. What a blessing her good friend Lizzie has been in her life. She finally has a friend that doesn't judge her or compete with her over everything. YAY!!! They love playing basketball at recess reading, writing, and being cute little girls together.
She was baptized on October 10th, and that was a good day for everyone! Thanks to all our family and friends that came and supported us! We really appreciate all the food that was brought and the gifts that were given to her on her special day. I think she felt like she was on top of the world!!! So thank you!!!

JS turned 6 this year and has had a rough time mostly because the angels beat the red sox...lol. He is a very big red sox fan thanks so much to his UNCLE BRANDON. It has been fun to watch the two of them rooting for the bo sox. It's like Brandon finally has a little brother..haha! What a good Uncle he is!
JS started Kindergarten and is so smart. He does so well on his skill sets, and loves to play ball at recess and tag. He is still very tender hearted. He has been saving his money for a long long time. He has around $130.00 in his bottom drawer. This year for Christmas, his school was taking donations for the 'warm the soles' , and of course our sweet little guy took a ziplock bag full of money to help the kids who don't have shoes. His drawer looks pretty empty now, but my heart is full of love for my little son who is contstantly thinking of others.
Thank you to Steve's cousins Zach and Garrett for being good examples to my boys and serving missions. JS and JT pretend to be Elder Zach and Elder Garrett all the time now. We are so proud of those boys!

JT turned 3 this year and is just the life of the party. He is so funny that sometimes I think I don't have to do so many sit ups because my sides hurt all the time. He really likes transformers, and thanks to BUBBA and TRACI he got his first one...bumblebee. He was excited and so was I! We play with it all the time, and sometimes I wish I could play with it more! haha! He recently started saying things like..."Ah Dad give me a break..." and "Why are you bussin my chops?" haha! He keeps us on our toes too. The best thing for me that he did this year was POTTYTRAINED...hooray! We no longer buy diapers and wipes. We just get up and go places without packing a darn thing...haha! It's awesome!!

Our family is growing up so fast!! We are so humbled by the people in our neighborhood who have done so many good things for us. It was like we moved into a family over here! What a blessing they all are in our lives. We had only been in our home for a couple of weeks when we found out that my Mom had a brain tumor and so many people called and came over to comfort and help out as much as they could. I wouldn't ever want to go through anything like that again...but without those people I think it made it bearable. Another good thing about being here is that I am closer to my sister TIFFANY. I love her so much...she is like another Mom to my kids. She is such a good friend and a good sister! I love ya!
I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and for the Priesthood in my home. I am not perfect, this I know, but I try everyday to be a better person. I hope that I can be for someone else what good people have been for me this year. I love my family with all my heart...

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a great year! Other then you moved away from me!! WE miss you guys and the kids.. Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Saunders clan said...

I am so glad you have had a great year, you all deserve it! How are things wth Steve's new job?

It all began here said...

Tami, Couldnt be happier for you. Glad that you have recognized the blessings you have.

What a beautiful family you have!

Holly said...

I think it's wonderful to take some tme and reflect back on the changes throughout the year--otherwise I'd totally forget since it seems to zooom by.

Sounds like your year overall has been rich with blessings. :)

And, I must say, your longer hair looks beautiful. I wish mine would grow!!

Unknown said...

You have had a busy year! They are all so cute...and in BIG TROUBLE for getting big! (Time for some tickles!!!)

Grammy Staffy said...

Hello, I haven't visited you as often as I would have liked with the hustle and bustle of life but I just had to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. It sounds like you had a very eventful year. I am glad that Steven was not more seriously hurt in his fall. I hope that he is all recovered by now.

Your beautiful family is growing fast. How proud you must be of each of them.

Come by my blog for a quick visit when you can. I've posted Christmas greetings I would like to share with you.

Merry Christmas with hugs, Grammy Lura