Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

I really dont want to brag...BUT...I have the most beautiful daughter on the earth!!! She is 5 years old now, and so much fun. She has these almond shaped eyes with gorgeous dark lashes and beautifully arched eyebrows. She truly is my best friend. I recently had my 3rd baby, and she is such a big helper. She takes care of my little 3 year old so that I can care for my newborn. When I think about these things, it makes my heart feel like its about the size of Texas! I am so blessed with outstanding children. My husband and I get along well, we have our problems, but who doesn't? I have absoloutely wonderful extended family, and I couldn't live without them.
My husband and I don't have much money. You know you're poor when you go to get your taxes done and the examiner sits across from you and tells you how sorry he feels for you and then refuses payment. We live in a mortuary of all places. Steven works for them so that we can live in a little 2 bedroom apartment for free while he goes to school. When I think about our circumstances it makes me sick sometimes. I try to remember how blessed we are to be able to get an education, have children, and live somewhere for free. Sometimes I think about how this isn't exactly how I pictured my life. I guess I still have a lot of it to live though. I am grateful for the experiences that life has given me. I'm grateful for the smiles on Christmas Day that wouldn't have been there if it weren't for certain people. I am grateful for Steven's family, I am so glad to know that they love me. Their love wraps around me like a warm blanket on a bitter cold day. I am grateful for the smells of the new year...grateful for the people I get to spend it with.

0 comments: