Last night was something i've never experienced before. The men in our ward play ball every Thursday night at the church. Since they combined us with the 1st ward, there has been quite a lot of men that show up on Thursday night. It is officially called "Thursday ball night." Our friend Mike was there for the first time. We've spent many nights sitting on the patio laughing and joking, sipping slurpee's. Always joking, always making fun...next thing I know, he's on the ground. The men yelled for us to call 911. I ran to him, he was turning purple. I told him to hang on, that help was on the way. He tried to hold on, but it wasn't long before he was unconcious. The EMT's got there, and tried to revive him. I rode with his wife to the emergency room. They immediately put us in a conference room, where the doctor came in and informed us that her husband had 'unfortunately passed away.' I held her while she cried, and I held her 11 year old son when his mother told him that his Daddy was gone. I still can't believe that last night, his family had a father, a priesthood holder, a friend. Last night our ward had the best scout leader any ward could ask for. Last night, I had a friend, someone who promised to come get me in his tow truck if I was ever in need. Last night, my husband had a buddy, someone to joke with. Last night his wife wasn't a widow, or in mourning. Last night everything changed. Last night our friend Bill was happily joking with his buddy, last night I was worried about some flab on my tummy, last night my daughter didn't need counseling, life is precious, life is fragile, life changed all last night...Tomorrow, I promise to be better.
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment