
You never know when a small thing like a letter in the mail is going to influence your day. Today was a letter from JL's first school. "To the parents of..." I'm reading thinking, "Are you sure??? MY little girl is old enough to go to school?" It wasn't like it was a letter telling me how brilliant, beautiful, or socially incredible she is. It was just a letter to let us know about the schedule and school lunch...what time the warning bell is. WHAT???!!! Shouldn't she still be drinking from a bottle and chewing on a binky? I know i'm not old...I know it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I opened it and cried. I can't believe my baby girl is growing up. I can't believe that she's not scared, or nervous. She's excited!!! I guess I just feel like i'm losing my best friend. It's hard to explain. You want your children to succeed and to grow up to be civilized, respectable people. I guess I just don't want her to grow up...period. I wish that the mailman would have misplaced that letter today. I wish that I could turn back time, and keep her little...but then I know she wouldn't be happy. So I guess i'll just try to be brave. I'll kiss her goodnight with that same lump in my throat. I'll pat her on the back and wave goodbye. Stupid letter.
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Letter in the mail
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
5:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment