Tuesday, March 25, 2008

HAPPY EASTER!!!


The Easter Bunny was kind this year, with hats from Disneyland! JL's tinkerbell visor says, "Lookin for lost boys" and JS's hat is from Space Mountain. JT's is a surfing Mickey Mouse! JL also got a new headband...wayyy sparkley!

Thank You, Easter Bunny for the gifts!

Easter was a lot of fun this year. I was a little stressed out tho! Our drama for the weekend included a drug bust across the street with about 40 cops with their guns drawn and myself pulling kids away from the windows, a trip to the Emergency Room because I had an obstructed bowel (ew), and my hand wasn't working all day Sunday which is bad because I had to play my flute in Sacrament. (That was quite the run on sentance).
The not-stressful things included dinner with Steven's family which is always a treat. Dinner with my family which was really fun because we were all there. Good treats including chocolate, and an announcement of a new baby...congratulations Heidi! What a blessing it is to have family. I love Steven's family, along with my own. I love how much Steven loves my family, with all our quirks! Most of all, what a blessing it is that our Savior loved us enough to atone for our sins, be persecuted, and rise triumphant from the tomb! I am so grateful for the knowledge that we can all be ressurected one day, and continue on being brothers and sisters.

13 comments:

Laurie said...

Scary drug bust right across the street! Fun Easter though. Love the baskets!

SuperCoolMom said...

Man, I need a Tinkerbell hat like that - I'm often looking for lost boys, or hiding boys.

Thanks for sharing your testimony, you are such an inspiration. It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter, how blessed you are to live near both of your families!

Wendi said...

Drug bust! Hello! Glad they busted it at least I guess. Cute Easter baskets!

Unknown said...

Sounds like quite the weekend! I'm glad it ended up well, though. Cute baskets!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun Easter. You've become quite the photojournalist--lots o pics. We like'm. I know of a beverage that's great for the bowels. Do I need to bring you some more?

Cecily R said...

I'm glad everything is finally getting back to normal for you despite drug busts and nasty bowels. I really REALLY hope you are feeling better!!

Easter looks like a total success however. The baskets and all the goodies are adorable!!

Oh, and LOVE the new background!!

crystal said...

An Easter drug bust??? What did the bunny put in THEIR baskets???

I did NOT know you play the flute. Lucky...you've got skills & I have none.

Great ending to a darling post.

KATE said...

I'm with Crystal, what the crap did the Easter Bunny leave at their house?! Holy hell?
I hope you're all okay & your arm is feeling better!!
The Easter Baskets look great & it looks like the Easter Bunny left some fun stuff for your kids! Cute!
Love ya!

bestofthebishops said...

yikes!! just say no to drugs!
you are such a sweetie. i am happy that you had such a wonderful easter! congrats to heidi! when is she due?
love ya!

Sarah said...

I played the flute from 5th through 9th grade. I've wondered many times if I'd be able to pick one up and play an octave...or even just a note. I sold my flute a while back though, so unless one of my girls picks it up...I don't think I'll get the oppurtunity to try. Cute baskets!

Kjerstin said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick! I'm always amazed reading your blog at your great attitude, no matter what you've got going on (and you've had a lot going on lately!). Good luck with everything. :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

That would be not cool -drug bust, yikes. Sorry abt the ER visit.
Sounds like the rest of the weekend was good!

Nat Nat said...

Great post. Sounds like a very eventfull week at your house. Hope you are feeling better. sheesh..
Happy Late Easter. :)