Yikes! What has happend to me?? Why am I not blogging!!???
I know, it's weird that i'm not writing my random thoughts and feelings on my blog (and sneaking in cute pics of the kids in the process).
So here's what's been up with us!!
WARNING:: This is GOING to be a LONG post! For those of you who are NOT long winded..(unlike myself)...this post might not be for you...
So one day the kids were talking about what they want to be for Halloween (I know it's July..), and JSsaid that he wanted to dress as a hunter to which I replied, "What a great idea! We can get you an orange shirt, camo pants, and you can use your rifle.."
His eyes lit up like the 4th of July and he said..."Yes! And JT can be my deer!!!"
Ummmm...kay...
Joshua instantly put the antlers on JT 'just to see...'
I think he's a cute deer...
So I made JS try them on to see how he likes being stalked!! He didn't like it, and resorted to be a pirate instead...i'm sure that will all change come September!! LOL
Ok...here's some randomness thrown into an update...
Every Thursday night for the last couple of years all the men in the ward get together and play (no kidding) 3 HOURS of basketball! It is so much fun! I love watching Steven play..not to brag, but...ok just to brag..he's the best ball player! All the ladies in the ward always ask me what High School he played for and why he doesn't play for Weber...serious. The do...huh Shelley and Jenny?? Back me up girls.
So one night, I was feeling sorry for my blog, and thought maybe this would make a good post...so here's some random church ball pics!!


So Yeah...I joined a gym. Technically I work there..One night a week for 3 hours and it pays for the mbrship which I love. It's a lot of fun, and the girls I work with are SERIOUSLY HILLARIOUS!! One of the perks of having a membership there is having access to a pool that is close by. Because of high gas prices, Steve's only been working 4 days a week, and saving gas money. So Friday is our swim day! It's been really fun to have Steven home this summer, and fun to do something exciting with DADDY...
Me and JT...aka 'the little fish'
JS sayin,...'Peace out dudes...'
JL and her peace sign...what is it with that sign and our fam??
Oh maybe they get it from their Momma!!!
Love all those little fish that I gave birth to!!! hahaha
Next up...My older sister (by 13 months!) Tiff..She and I were like twins growing up in the sense that we wore the same clothes and listened to the same music, but night and day as far as personality..which sometimes made for battles, and other times set a good tone. I love ya, Tiff...my kids COULD NOT ask for a better Aunt...(sorry other Aunts...I love you too...but Tiff takes the cake..)
The best news I have gotten so far this summer is that my baby sister Traci was moving 3 doors down from me...we have to joke all the time that we are now that band..(3 doors down) hehehe
It has been a blast to live next to her and her funny hubby...they are pure entertainment, that is no lie...
So one boring Sunday night...here comes Traci and Bubba...and they decide to go through some toys...and they start dressing Bubba up...so he gets in a safari hat and grabs a rifle and goes out the door, crawls on the ground to the neighbors house, jumps up in front of their window and starts shooting!!! I think it caught them a little off guard, and it sure made us laugh!! I'll have to post the video soon...it should seriously be on You Tube!!!
I am so glad to have such fun neighbors (all of them)...plus, who can resist Bubba??!! He's so much fun, and i'm glad he's my bro in law!!!


We have needed some comic relief, since Steven has been studying for the MCAT which he took on July 8th. I'm sure that his brain has been fried!! So one night, Steven just rested his head on the ottoman, and JT put on the safari hat, and proceeded to read him a dinosaur book...I'm sorry...ya don't get cuter than that...



ARE YOU SERIOUS?? Steve's 30??
Yep..my Steven is 30! I'm so proud of him and all the things he has accomplished! He has worked so hard to keep our heads above water, all while juggling school, the MCAT, and work, not to mention his duties and a Dad and Hubby to an extra whiney wife!
So I surprised him this year with a trip home! He came home on Thursday and I just told him to go shower, and get in the jeep. I had everything packed, and his schedule cleared. We got in the jeep and made the trip south. On Friday he golfed with his brother, Todd. I took him to dinner at about mid afternoon, and we both took the kids to the pool! Oh and Mom came, too!! Thanks Mom...you really are THE BEST!!
The first thing the kids did, was get in their swimsuits and run thru the sprinkler! And where did I find JT? Oh yeah...on the lawn mower telling me it goes...brrrmmm.
On Friday JS spent most of the afternoon riding on the tractor with Grandpa down on the farm. He was so excited and actually earned a dollar at the end of the day! He is still WAYYY excited about that dollar!!
JL posed for a picture and then came home with Grandma! She had a great time, but would much rather follow Grandma around all day long!
haha! Steven can't keep his eyes open when I take pictures, so he looks kind of drunk, but I promise he's not, Bishop. There he is...the birthday ..um guy!
I think it's funny that Grandma is in the kiddie pool, and JT is out of it...
Sweet JT
JS and Steven had a great time...
JL and Grandma did, too!!
JS loved the slide...so did JT..he has the bruise on his face to prove it!!
JL makes friends wherever she goes!
On Saturday the guys went golfing again, and we stayed home and baked Steve's favorite homemade oreo cookies...mmm...and some applesauce chocolate chip cookies...tasty. The boys came home, and ate, and headed up the mountain to do some EXTREME FISHING!!
This is the first thing JT did on Saturday morning...GOOD MORNING, HORSES!!
Grandma and JL have always loved to bake together...since she was tiny..My Dad also bakes with her a lot, too. She wants to be Rachel Ray someday hahaha
I love B&W pics of the kids outside here in the pasture...
JT running!!
Grandma loves JT!!!
Grandma and JT..
JS swinging outside...
He loves doing this!!
After I took his picture about 100 times, he insisted on taking my picture!!
Then it was time for some basketball...and yes, he's wearing a Kobe Bryant jersey...Steven loves the Lakers!!
Todd and JT..
Like my Dad would say...'Those are TEEENY TIIINY toes...fresh from the bath!
Cute and lightly scented with chamomile and lavender!!! ahhhh
The birthday boy...opening presents from Mom and Dad...
I'll have to post more about Steve's birthday when I get some of the pictures from other cameras from tonight...
Today (the 14th) was actually Steve's birthday. He got home and we went to a RAPTORS game where he threw out the first pitch! I hope you had a great day, hon.
That's about as caught up as ya get! The craziness that is us...
Monday, July 14, 2008
PLAYING CATCH UP!!
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
11:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




13 comments:
Wow that must have taken forever for you to post all those pictures. I just did our anniversary post. It took hours. and I didn't post near as many pictures as you.
what great stories... thanks for sharing.
WOW! I love the catch up. Happy B-day to your hubby! You are one awesome wife to take him away for his birthday! Heaven knows the hard working student-dads need it once in a while!
I love that Joshua wanted his little brother to be the deer for Halloween- too funny! What are little brothers for?
Happy Birthday Steve!!!! See you at the concert!!!! =)
Tam, good job with the post, those are cute pics!
Tammy! I love the post! Great to catch up! Great Pictures! (see I am not a blog stalker!) It was great to see you guys the other day. We need to get Ryan and Steve together! - Bridget
well, I got through the blog. I love you Tam!!! oh, and yeah, Steve's the best ball player. But my husband takes the cake for most random shots made.
hehe. Love ya!!
That was the longest post ever!! I am so glad you have a blog! It will easy to keep in touch!! Isn't it so much fun watching your kids grow into wonderful people?? I just love it!!
LLOOOOVVVE that catch-up post! Been missin' ya! So glad that you're having a super summer! What a great trip/birthday! Those pictures in the meadow were awesome!
Can't wait to hear how well he did on that MCAT! (Oh and that pic of Jaden reading to Daddy - PRICELESS!!!
i love the long winded post! and with 3 little ones, i can't imagine why you have no time to blog. it looks like you had a blast in beaver! i'm not gonna lie, i wish we all could have been there with you guys. we love visiting beaver and doug and cindy. it is always so fun!
LOVE the long post, thanks for the catch up!!
Tami!!! Where have you been all my life- or the past couple of weeks- Sounds like a lot has happened! I'll definitely be back to Bubba and Traci's next week to say hi!! :) Ang
Very busy month and a half!
Man, your family has more fun and adventures in one month's time than my family may have in an entire summer.... no... even a 6 month period! Can I move in? jk
We have adventures... just rarely outside of these 4 walls... for now. The kidlets are starting to crawl. And we will be having a double 1st birthday party in less than 4 months!! I could faint from the shock.
YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYY for catch up!!!! Love all the pictures...I wish we still lived close. I miss at least pretending I could drop by and visit!
I found something I was supposed to give you LONG ago when we were moving. I need your address!!!
Post a Comment