Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We Want YOU...


So, y'all know i'm patriotic!! Well, at least you should. My whole house is decked out in Americana..I love it!!
I also love the Peterson family...and every year they go marchin up to the woods, sleeping bags in hand, and go to STAKE CAMP!! I'm not gonna lie...i've known the Petersons for a long time, and NEVER knew about stake camp. So our first year of marriage, I got this Uncle Sam finger in my face about going up to play with the Petersons...WE WANT YOU...to come to stake camp. I was VERY pregnant with JL, but was told that the lake was cold enough to deliver in...I wouldn't feel a thing! I decided against the natural, crazy woman, giving-childbirth-in-a-lake idea and stayed home.
It wasn't until JS was almost a full year old that I also marched up with my sleeping bag, whistling camp songs. I figured out what I was missing out on...yes, it's dirty, yes it's cold...but it is FUN! The best part was watching Grandma and Grandpa Peterson out in nature, and just being with family. I couldn't believe that I had missed out on all those years! Of course, we've had babies in the fall..(every one of them)..and missed a couple of years...but i'm happy to say that we won't be having that problem anymore, and my baby is old enough to endure the cold nights now. I will continue to be a 'regular' at STAKE CAMP. I love being with Steve's family. Some of them are my very best friends...and I wouldn't miss it for the world!
And so I say to you, my fellow Petersons who don't want to attend stake camp...Ask not what your family trips can do for you, but what you can do for your family trips!..WE WANT YOU because we love you, and want you to be apart of us to enjoy all of our adventures...even if we have to listen to you snore...
I can't wait for Stake Camp!!! I loooove being a Peterson!!

8 comments:

The Christensen's said...

Yeah for Stake Camp! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

It all began here said...

i am so excited for dark starry nights, the crispness of the mountian air, camp fire smoke smell, camp chairs, g-pa p's stories (even if we've heard them 100 times), soggy pancake breakfast, sacrament in the lodge, canoeing on lake lyman, the dock, the polar bear.... lets do the polar bear...... it'll be a girl thing!

The Flints said...

I am taking a clothes pin, so you won't have to hear me snore this year. It will really improve the whole exerience for you. Now you just have to deal wth dirt, noise, freezing cold water and and lots of weird family members. ~Bonnie

SuperCoolMom said...

Oh, I can't believe you didn't do the natural childbirth in the lake. I'm so disappointed in you ;D

Stake Camp sounds super Fun!

Bubba's Babe!! said...

Tam, I'm so glad that you guys are going to be 'regulars' wink.. whink... love ya!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like a great family tradition!

Sarah said...

What a super fun tradition! I so wish my family had some sort of tradition like this. I was just thinking today (while watching Dan in Real Life) how I'd love to live right off a lake in a huge house that my kids and their spouses and kids could come and stay at when they are older. And we could do fun family outdoorsy type things...oooh, the dreams!!

bestofthebishops said...

love the call out to attend stake camp! we are finally going up and i can't wait! see you this weekend!