I look back on all of my recent posts, and I do believe that I needed someone to just say to me..."At least you have your husband and children that are healthy and happy...isn't that what life is about?"
Thismorning at 4am Steven called me to tell me that he was out on a call for the mortuary when he drifted into oncoming traffic and was involved in a head on collision. I sat straight up in my bed, and instinctively patted his side of the bed. Of course since he was calling me, he was doing ok. He was sore and stiff, and so was the girl that he hit, but they were both fine. It was a long day today taking care of kids, and taking care of Steven, but we made it through. I made it through WITH them. I cannot live WITHOUT them. I need them everyday. I need Steven to smile his mischevious smile at me and then wink. I need JL to tell me about a game that she played while her words whistle right through her new adult teeth. I need JS to tell me that he and his buddy James are having a great time playing power rangers..and I need JT to smile at me and ask me if he can watch 'McQeen' one more time. I need them ALL with me when I pray at night. I need them with me at church. I need them to snuggle with, and I need them forever.
I am so grateful for my little family. Especially for Steven who works so hard to keep out heads above water. Who still makes me smile.
Thanks to:
Mom and Dad Fry for coming to watch the kids thismorning and cleaning up :)
Grandma and Grandpa Rogers who came to visit and had Grandpa give Steven another amazing blessing.
Bubba and Traci who came to check on Steven and make sure we were all right.
Brandon and KelliAnn for checking on Steven and staying to play with our kids for a while.
Daren and Andrea for taking care of mortuary duties tonight so Steven can recover, and bringing us dinner from Olive Garden for Monday.
Ben and Megan for bringing us dinner and Steven a 'candybar bouquet' and cute book.
Aunt Tiffany for stopping by and checkin on us, to make sure we were ok and the little ones, too.
Uncle Todd who showed up only minutes after he heard what happend, and started helping me with kids.
Thanks to Monica for letting me call her thismorning and talk to get my head straight, and offering to take the kids.
My Mother in Law, Cindy for putting our names in the temple, and her many prayers.
And all the rest of EVERYONE that called to make sure our Steve was ok.
I don't want to sound cheesy because everything did work out, but it was kind of an eye opener for me to think about what could have happend. I am so grateful for the chance to continue being with Steven here on earth. He is my best friend, and the best Dad. I love you, Pete. You're the best.
WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER, BUT TOGETHER WE HAVE IT ALL...
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Blessed
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
10:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




13 comments:
What a great supportive family you have! You are blessed to have such a kind and loving hubby and darling kids. I'm so grateful for Eternal Families, but thank goodness we have now. Glad your honey is okay!
I am glad that Steven was not seriously hurt. What a scare!
Something like this surely does open our eyes and put things in proper prospective doesn't it!
I'm also glad that you have so much love and support from family and friends.
Get better quickly, Steven
Tams, what a relief that nothing serious happened! I know how scarey that call can be,
Love you guys
Holy Cow Tami! I am so glad to hear that Steven is ok-what a relief! Talk about a blessing. We need to have another girls night out (how about every month) to give you a break.
Love ya.
Oh my! So glad to have a happy ending!!!! XOXO
So scary! I'm so glad he is OK!
Loves and prayers for you and your family...
xo
Steph
You know you may call any time. I'm just glad Steve's okay!!!!
Oh, I am SO glad everyone is okay. That is just so scary.
It makes me happy to know that my friend has such a great and supportive family around her. :)
We just wrecked our car two weeks ago as well. I'm so glad that Steve's okay. That's so scary.
I'm so glad he was okay! phew... So scary!!
I love that quote that you put up at the end. It's one of my favorites and oh so true!!
Yikes! Glad it all turned out okay. Sometimes we need these kinda wake up calls to remind of what really matters. Ü
WOW I have been off from reading blogs for a while sounds like you have been having a hard time. I totally understand. That is part of why I haven't been on. I suffer from depression and had a bad bout for a while there. But I am back now and glad to hear everything is ok.
God works in interesting ways. Sometimes a scare is awefull but is his way of saying HELLO.. I know what you mean. Sorry I have been blog absent. I can't wait to catch back up. I hope the sun is shinning your way.
That would be a terrible way to awaken! I'm so glad that you are all doing well and everyone survived the hit.
Post a Comment