
I must say that sending my oldest to Kindergarten was easier than I thought. I'm not saying that I pulled up to the curb, and kicked her out. I'm just saying that I didn't bawl my eyes out like I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, I cried...just on the way home. It was only a tear or two, so there.
Now...the hard part is watching JS be bored. We drop JL off at school (really I don't kick her to the curb), and we come home, lay JT down for a nap, and we go to the living room to stare at eachother. Literally...we stare at eachother. Then after a minute or two, I ask, "So, what do you want to do?" And he kind of flinches and says something like, "I dunno...um yeah I guess i'll go ride my bike or something..." So I say okay and we go outside. Well, he rides up and down the sidewalk and then he stops in front of the apartment and says.."let's do something else.." So we go inside and read books for awhile. We pick JL up about 3 hours later and she gets in the car and starts telling us about her day in Kindergarten. She tells us about recess, and JS adds a hearty, "We DID THAT TOO!!!" Then I tell JL that we didn't do that too. Today after we picked her up and this whole conversation happend again, we got home and JS was throwing a fit. I haven't been able to figure this out. He's such a good boy, I just don't know what his problem is. Then he calms down, and it hits me...he's got the Kindergarten blues. He misses his big sister. This was confirmed later when he looked at me and said, "Mom, I want to go to school with JL". He loves his big sister!!! Somehow, someway, we did something right, and they actually love eachother more than I thought!!! How great!
Monday, August 27, 2007
KINDERGARTEN blues...
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
6:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
That is so cute, and so true! Have you tried Starfall.com? It's awesome, and there are all different levels. Also, check my site for a link to some other great learning sites through MPS, you can print up worksheets and he can practice letters and writing his name while sis is at school! He'll think he's so cool.
Post a Comment