Thursday, August 30, 2007

Things i've learned today

My friend called at 2:30am. She was in labor with her third child. I sat up and worried about her until she finally showed up at 6:30am with her two other children. I usually watch my cousins babies everyday for about an hour and a half. So around 5:00pm, I had 7 children under 5. So I thought I would write about the things that i've learned today from the children...
1. Babies don't care what time it is, they are born when they feel like it.

2. Three year olds like to play together as long as they aren't touching eachother, or using eachother's stuff, or looking at eachother.

3. Minivans are HUGE!!!

4. Little kids think that big kids who go to school are way awesome.

5. Lunchtime with 5 kids should definately be against the law.

6. Kids that don't live at your house don't like to take naps.

7. Kids that don't live at your house and don't like to take naps and finally fall asleep can sleep for 4 hours or more. Especially when they've been up all night long.

8. When your daughter is mad because you braided her hair instead of curling it like she wanted you to decides that she doesn't like it and puts a TON of Vaseline in her hair to 'keep it out of her eyes', the only thing that gets it out is Dawn liquid soap.

9. Dawn liquid soap can burn your daughters eyes if you're not careful.

10. You can work all day long to get the neighborhood kids to love you, but in the end they fall in love with your husband when he's done nothing to win them over.

11. When they leave it's a relief, and you look around and realize that you've got quite the mess to clean up, but you wouldn't trade the crazy day for anything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do you mean nothing to win them over is my nice and loving personality not enough. I think so.
teve

Matchbox Mom said...

I guess so...I guess I don't have a loving personality???

Tams

Anonymous said...

He He -- that sounds like something Janie would do. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but it made us laugh. Thanks.