Monday, September 3, 2007

My son, the spider killer

So anyone that truly knows me, knows that I am DEATHLY afraid of spiders. I've seen big spiders, little spiders, medium spiders...i'm sorry, they all FREAK me out!!! (Thanks, Dad.) I've had many adventures with trying to get people to come over and kill a spider for me when my Steve isn't around. I've called the bishop's wife, the Relief Society President, and the next door neighbors. All of them think i'm crazy. Which might be true. Actually, it's a very good possibility.
We share a laundry room downstairs with 3 other couples. If you haven't read my other posts, i'll remind you. We live at a mortuary. No...you read that right...I said we live in a mortuary. Tales from the crypt? Yup. So one night our neighbor comes upstairs and informs us that there was a spider downstairs under my washer. I shuddered at the thought of it, and then she proceeded to tell me that it was so big, her first thought was that it was a mouse. I freaked out!! Which leads me to this other random thought...
I also HATE rodents! EW! They make my skin crawl...no pun intended. I hate spiders worse, but I also hate rodents. I don't understand how people can make them their pets. I've also had many adventures with mice, but I thought I would share this one, because it definately takes the cake. I woke up one night to nurse my 3 day old baby, JT. While i'm nursing, I ask Steven to go and get a burp rag for me. He jumps up, and gravity pulled him to the toilet for a potty break. The next thing I hear is a loud, "oh my hell.." So I jump up and get in there to find Steven standing on top of the toilet lid and he's flushing. He looks at me and says, "um, there was a rat in our toilet". Naturally, I was worried about it..HA I was so scared, I couldn't sleep. Well, I finally drifted off and the next thing I hear is this horrible screeching sound from my 5 year old daughter...she runs into the bedroom, screaming, "There's a mousey in the toilet!!" Steve jumps up, puts his shoes on, grabs a golf club and goes in there to find the rat still in the toilet. Needless to say, he beat the crap out of it. So a sterilized bathroom, and poisoned sewers later, my 5 year old still has issues with sitting on the toilet. Wow! That was a tangent! Back to the spider story...
So Thursday morning, JS, JT, and I get JL off to school. We come home and JS opens the front door to find a baby spider. Of course he knows i'm scared of the darn things. So he runs to his bedroom and i'm thinking, "oh no, i've ruined him. He's scared of spiders too". Oh no...he comes out with his 'spider killing' outfit on. He's got a bike helmet, a cowboy gun holster with a sword in it, shorts with cowboy boots, and a look on his face that would scare any creepy crawler. He opened the door and showed that spider his mad sword skills and then proceeded to stamp the tar out of him. "He's dead." To which I replied, "OH! My HERO!!" I'm so proud that I have a new spider killer in the house, what a relief.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quit being such a big baby (Terry Jr.)

Matchbox Mom said...

Roslyn...you think you know...but you have no idea.

Anonymous said...

um excuse me, today is another day and i have already read about your son the spider killer. can you please post another blog that i can have some enjoyment in. however that is really funny about josh. it makes me laugh. auntie loves you:)

Shari said...

Aww, a little hero in the making. Gotta love it.

Dawn said...

ROFL!!! He has his own spider killing outfit! Too cute! He's MY hero too!