I know we've all done this before..
When I was younger, I always said I wouldn't do this or that.. for example; my mom used to smack our butts with a wooden spoon. I always said that I would never do that. HA! Sometimes a little smack on the bootie is the only way to straighten up my 3 year old. However, I don't use a wooden spoon. Also, I always said that people who bring cheerios in a tupperware to church were nuts. I thought that I would just have perfect children that would sit there and listen to the speakers, with folded arms and bowed heads. HA! Fruit snacks save me every Sunday. They are the only things that keep my kids happy. Oh! Another good one is that I said I would never let my kids eat in the car. That's a good one because as of this moment I have a ton of smashed up treats on the floor of our jeep. I'm sure that when I would say those things, moms all around me were snickering...I bet they were thinking 'you just wait honey..'
I wish they would have just said, "Hey stupid.. um yeah, i'm talking to you...hey um every child is different, and if you think that you can do it better than the other mom, good luck. It's all a trial run, and we're all just trying to do the best we can." Then I wish they would have smacked me upside the head.
I love being a Mom! It's the greatest job in the world! It's definately harder than I ever imagined. It pays nothing while the rewards are priceless! I love my 3 little terrors. They are my whole world. Those beautiful eyes and sweet cheeks are worth every messy diaper, every dirty dish, every mud pie, every bug that we should keep as a pet. I love this time in my life, and I hope to sit back, and slow down. I want to be able to look back and remember these times. Like I said, I wouldn't trade them for anything.
Thursday, September 6, 2007
I wish someone would've hit me in the head...
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
ah, if that's not the sweetest thing i've ever read i don't know what is. its about time you pulled your head out of your butt and realized that. just kidding, but seriously. they are the cutest kids ever. you just remember you said that the next time your ready to kill them. and if you don't i'll be there to remind you:) i hope you have a great day. auntie loves you!
What a sweet post! I think we all say things we won't do but then do them!
I wrote an article once on three things I would never do: keep my child's schedule, let my children watch Barney, own a minivan.
I ended up doing all three tragically exceptionally well, and life was so much better for that!
Live and learn! ANd I think every mom has a wooden spoon threat!
Found you from Dawn! Very cute family you have!
Great post! And I love the picture.
Thanks for dropping by my family blog, F.G.A.B. Dream Just a Little More is the one where I blog about whatever I darn well want to - and the Scott Smith Photography is me helping my photographer get a little more work. I also have one for Quantum Touch (http://quantumtouch-utah.blogspot.com) and am now adding another one.
Somebody help me please! As you create blogs, just remember that you're supposed to blog on them regularly. It can get a little out of control.
So you are the fifth person since I read Dawn's blog that has had some indication that they are LDS on their site that I have found...amazing (although I found you through Manic who found me through Dawn)!
I did a whole lot of "I'm never going to..." talk before I had kids and every one of those things has come back to bite me.
If fruit snacks had never been invented I doubt I would make it through that three hour block some weeks. :)
LOVE IT!! i am blog hopping, connecting with other moms out there and found a whole group of LDS moms that make me laugh. glad i did! i started out on "because i said so's" blog....been there? she is not LDS but she had a gazillion ppl asking her if she was because she is a SAHM. from her blog i popped around to a few more and honestly i cant remember how i got to your blog, but its been fun poking around it!
HolleeAnn (LDS SAHM)
Post a Comment