
Don't let the picture fool you...this was for only about a minute today. The rest of the day was listening to kids argue, and whine. I worked so hard today! All I wanted was for the kids to get along and be nice to eachother.
I woke up early as always, and got JL to school. I came home, did laundry, dishes (twice), vacuumed, dusted, swept, cleaned the kids room, marinated some steaks for dinner, picked JL up from school, worked on a walk a thon activity for JL's school, and more laundry. I'm so tired! Also, I tweeked my back on Sunday,
so i've been hurting all day too. I wonder sometimes why I thought this Mom thing was such a good idea. It's so hard. I worked all morning long to get things cleaned up and looking nice so that I could have my sister and her hubby over for dinner. My sister was late for dinner, and Steven had to be at an instruction up at the school, so we ate without them...thank goodness. Dinner was awful. The steak tasted okay, but the potatoes were all runny and the gravy tasted like teriyaki. So I called my sister and uninvited her to dinner. Not only was the meal a flop, Steven was eating as fast as he could (probably so that his taste buds wouldn't be paralyzed) and JS was crying the whole time. I guess kids don't like to eat garbage after all...JL actually ate her potatoes, and JT ate some too, but it was still gross.
Why do we do this? I guess it's okay if it turns out well for you...but it didn't work out for me today. I'm so disappointed. I just thought that it would be a better night, with Steven here, and a nice meal with family and a clean house...and none of it turned out that way at all. I'm just bummed! Oh well, I guess there are other days that might turn out for me eh? Well, I guess I should stop complaining and go finish the laundry, because somewhere there's someone that has it way worse than I do.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Happy Family...right
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
6:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
It wasn't that bad. I made the gravy remember. We love you no matter how good or bad dinner is. You are the best.
Steve
I love you Peterson...you're tooo good to me.
Tams
well even i it didn't turn out like you wanted , i am fully impressed at the effort! i bow down to you for making the effort, and doing the chores even though your back hurt, i have days i don;t even start to make the effort and i don't cook dinner. I give you a gold star for trying!
Oh my word, I have those SAME couches!! RC Willey? How stinkin funny is that!
- Kate
Post a Comment