
What a fun weekend we had!
Friday night Steven decided that he couldn't take it anymore. We HAD to go see Harry Potter. I was pretty excited just to get away from the apartment and shhh (the kids too) for a minute. I needed a break. On the way to drop the kids off with my parents, the conversation went like this...
JS: Dad, I'm thirsty.
DAD: Okay, we're almost to Grandma's house, and i'll get you a drink.
JS: I said i'm fwirsty, Daddy.
MOM: JS, as soon as we get to Grandma's i'll get you a drink.
BABY: blah blah blah blah blah
JS: I don't WANT to go to Grandma's.
JL: Mom, can I be Belle for Halloween?
MOM: Yes, JL you can.
JS: I want a DRINK!!!
MOM: Does it look like we have a sink in here?
JS: I said i'm FWIRSTY!!
DAD: JS, don't yell in the car.
JL: Mom, the word toilet starts with the letter T.
MOM: Yes, honey, it does.
JS: Mom....
MOM: Let me guess, you're thirsty?
JL: 'I love you, you love me...we're a happy family...'
JS: GRRRRR!!! I don't want to go to Grandma's!!!
DAD: JS, don't yell in the car...
BABY: da da da da da da!
I was so glad to get to Grandma's house just to get out of the car. When we finally got there, I told my Mom good luck, handed her the diaper bag, and left as quickly as I could.
I spent a good chunk of the weekend with Steven. It was so nice. We also had a birthday party at the park today, which was fun. The kids played and left me alone for a good hour or so. It was nice to talk to someone about things other than big singing purple dinosaurs. I'm so glad for happy families.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
HOORAY for weekends!!!
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
8:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
Too true, as much as you love them, sometimes you've got to have a break, so that you can be nice to them when you are with them.
that is too funny! don't you love the one track minds? and like if he asks more you'll suddenly have a bottle of water with you! i need a break often!
isn't it nice to go out together alone, and watch a grown up movie! glad you got to go out!
Hello... you forgot the most fun night of them all.. dinner at my house..haha and our great/nasty converstaion.. haha.. I love you and your kids..
Lindsay-
I don't know what you're talking about with the nasty conversation. I'm confuzzled.
Tami
I'm glad you were able to have a nice time without the kids. Those are always so important.
Tami, I agree, no mention of a fabulous meal, good conversation around my table, and being with wonderful loving family. All you remember is not being with your kids! What!!!!
Thanks for coming, it was a great time. My friend Em, loved being with our family. We are sooo lucky!
Hey Tami-
Kate and I have been trying to figure out when we can get together. We're thinking about the Pumpkin Man in Farr West. E-mail me and we'll talk.
goodnightgracie2@yahoo.com
xo Cec
Too funny! You definitely need a break every once in a while to regain your sanity.
It was so good to see you found us! This will be great to keep in touch. Your kids are so cute!-Julie
Woo hoo for time alone! Glad you got some! It makes being with the kids much more pleasurable!
My Daisy asks over and over for a drink too...she says 'I still need a drink!' I say 'I still don't have one!' They think the parents are magic, don't they? How cute!
Steph
AHH... A night away from children. Those are priceless moments. Hope you guys liked the movie. I loved it!
I know what you mean abt needing a little time to youself. Yesterday i was happy to go fill out the girl scout paperwork by myself! (cause i misunderstood when the 1st meeting was) and 5 mins of a friends' kid's scoccer game... without my kids! yeah
Post a Comment