Thursday, September 20, 2007

I wanna talk about me...


I need to tell you first that I bought a case of bottled water last week, and it is now in my car for JS to drink when he's 'fwirsty'. Not that he'll want water now...whatever.
I read Heather's blog thismorning...and she had this cute all about me thing going on, so I thought I would try it, just for fun.
1. What I was doing 10 years ago...I was a junior in High School. My friend Sarah had just been killed in a car accident and I was trying to get away from a jerk that I had started dating. He's now in prison for lots of bad things..30 years to life. It was the hardest/scariest time in my life and I never want to go back to it.

2. What I was doing 5 years ago...JL was just about to have her first birthday. I was working as a teller at a credit union. It was my favorite job ever, and I still miss it. Not as much as I would miss my kids if I went back though.

3. What I was doing 1 year ago...HAHA! I was getting ready to give birth to JT. His birthday is tomorrow! I was so miserable...I couldn't stop vomiting that day. All I could think about was how I had to take JL to preschool the next day..Oh well, that didn't happen- Grandma had to take her. I went into labor 1 year ago today, that was fun...okay not really but it was the last time I would do it, so I savored everything about it.

4. What I did yesterday...Took JL to Kindergarten, went to Dillards to get my clinique bonus, picked JL up from school, had lunch with my Mom, came home to put the kids to bed, watched my cousin's little boy, finished up some work for our Daddy-Daughter date we had for activity days last night. Went to the activity...it was western themed and we had the Dad's sit in a wanted poster while the girls painted moustaches on them...One of the girl's Dad's didn't show, so I got a new face painting...good times. I came home and talked to Cecily on the phone and went to bed...long day.

5. 5 snacks I enjoy...Okay this is a hard one...i'm not a big snack fan, but i'll try. Anything chocolate, nachos, chips and salsa, teddy grahams, apples (covered in caramel)

6. 5 things I would do if I had 100 Million dollars...Pay off our parents debt, buy Steven a new BMW or truck maybe both, Pay for Steven to finish school, live somewhere with 3 bedrooms so JL could have her own, take the whole family to Disneyland/Disneyworld.

7. 5 places I would run away to...anywhere my Mom is, Aunt Debbie's house, Hawaii, Bear Lake, Palisades Reservoir in Idaho.

8. 5 bad habits I have...biting my nails, assuming, Laundry OCD (don't touch my laundry, man.) procrastinating, yelling.

9. 5 things I like doing...BLOGGING, being with my Daddy, watching my kids accomplish the things they love, laundry, dating Steven.

10. 5 TV shows I like... ER, my name is Earl, American Idol, scrubs, The Office

11. 5 things I hate doing...dishes, arguing, driving in the snow, living at the mortuary, thinking about Steven going to Med School.

12. 5 biggest joys...watching my Daddy sleep on the couch, reading books to the kids, listening to JL tell me stories, knowing that families can be together forever, being with Steven.

YAY! Thanks Heather and Wendi for the fun idea! This is a good way to get to know someone, so if you're reading this, you've been tagged and must post on your blog.
GOOD LUCK!

17 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

way fun one! i did this one before. check mine out here http://crazymamaof6.blogspot.com/2007/08/thanks-tammyand-brandi-and-whoever-else.html

Crazymamaof6 said...

ok that link won't work sorry. here try this go to my archive from 8/2/07

Cecily R said...

Hmmm...I'm glad to know more about you!

Sounds like you and I had some similar yucky high school experiences. Even though I hate knowing other people dealt with that kind of thing, it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Oh, and how cool! I was in your blog!

Heather S. said...

Glad you were able to do it. It's fun learning more about you.

KATE said...

I love it, thanks so much for telling us about you! I LOVE The Office too! My favorite!!
I'm unfortunately with you & Cecily in the Crazy High School crap! Sorry to hear about yours!!
This post is so cute, I'm a freak about laundry too & germs. & alot of things...okay I'm just a freak! But, it makes me feel good to know other people have some OCD tendencies! ha ha

Christina.B said...

happy bday in advance to your lil one, its my son's as well tommorow he will be 5!

Davis' said...

I love your blog. Your family is beautiful. I love this post. Its fun to get to know you a little. oh, btw, thanks for stopping by our blog. its great to have new people checking it out.
andi

Supercool Mom said...

Hey, I'm honored! You're one of my faves now too! My answers will be up later - I did this last night after reading Dancing Girl's.

crystal said...

I loved reading all about you! Now we are BFF for sure! :) You've inspired me to do the all about me post.

crystal said...

REALLY cute picture of you, by the way. Don't you love it when that happens?!

Kila said...

Happy Birthday to your baby!

(I found you through the-mom-of-six-kids.)

Wendi said...

What a fun post! It's fun to read all about you!

Anonymous said...

Tami- that is a way cool idea. when you come over to mom's give me the list of questions so i can do it on my blog. also how come you didn't mention me when you had lunch with mom? did you forget i was there? do i need to be loud like your kids? cause i can do it:) but way good idea. auntie loves you:)

houseofdanes said...

loved your blog and i loved your comment about the rats in your toliet on dawn's blog.
if you don't mind I"d like to cut and paste your questionaire to pass on to some of my friends.
i'll be reading your posts.
thanks
tami ( also)

Darla said...

I popped in on your blog once before (saw your postings on Dawn Meehan's blog). Wow, the puking your whole pregnancy is something I can't imagine getting through SANE!!! I get really sick in the first part of my pregnancy and the ONLY way I can get through it is to focus really, really hard on the fact that, although it seems unbelievable at the time, I WILL feel better and actually pretty good by the end. This pregnancy has been particularily hard for the nausea/vomiting part. Finally after getting through the vomiting for the most part at about week 18-20, I was horribly tired, got through that and for about 1-1 1/2 mos felt fabulous, then at week 32, found out that baby had already dropped to station "0", I was effaced already 70% and dilated 1-2. Then started the nausea AGAIN and I had a very wretched puking episode and many near-puke episodes!!! Just today I went to an appointment and almost barfed in the bathroom but right away thought, "At least it's not the entire pregnancy!! (thinking of having read your comment about puking your whole pregnancy)" So although I don't mean to take comfort from your misfortune, I have! :) I'm expecting our sixth baby, by the way...just got my first steroid shot to try help boost baby's lung development, get the second tomorrow, then need to basically be on bedrest (with my husband leaving on a 10 day trip to Mexico tomorrow-ha! ha!). Fun blog... I'm going to do the "Things about me" thingy on my blog when I get a chance. Fun idea!

Mamarazzi said...

so fun...thanks for sharing...i am going to have to copy this for my own blog...and hopefully friends who read mine will do the same. its fun to learn more about ppl as i make friends via mommy blogging!

HolleeAnn

Tina said...

Gonna do it, thanks!