Monday, July 20, 2009

quick update on Mom...

Mom is doing well today. Thanks to Monica, I was able to send my kids over with her and be with my Mom. THANK YOU MONICA!! The Dr said that they won't know how much treatment she is going to need, and so we are still waiting to hear more. She did not come home today, as her oxygen levels drop to about 55% when she's not hooked up. They are now worried about a blood clot in her lungs, which is hopefully not true. They did a CT on her chest, and hopefully we will hear tonight what that says. Her right leg is numb, which they said could be because she was on her right side during surgery, and that the nerve will have the feeling return soon. Other than those few 'minor' details, she is doing well. She is more awake today, and feeling less nauseated. It was nice to visit with her for awhile today. She is pretty quiet most of the time, and I think she might be a little depressed. Hopefully tonight when the Grandkids came to see her helped lift some of that depression. They love her and have worried so much, and are constantly asking me why I am crying, and then they remember Grandma is sick. She hugged all of them tonight, and JT even gave her a 'fishy kiss'. I'll update again, when I hear more...thanks for all the well wishes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in our prayers! Hang in there! Good Luck with things!!! LOVES!

It all began here said...

Tami, I love you, Im thinking about you, and sending good positive thoughts your way. Remember there is always the good side of any news. Hang on to it, and continue to be the loving daughter you are. All those around you know you love them.

That is what your momma needs right now.

Hang on, think positive and call when you need a minute to breathe.

Love you

Shawnalee said...

I am glad to hear that your mom is doing better, and that the surgery went well. Let us know if you need anything.

bestofthebishops said...

So crazy. Life can be so crazy. We wish all the best for your mom and your family. Be strong. We will keep you all in our prayers! Love you guys!!