Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tell the kids to be good...

Yesterday my Mom had brain surgery to remove what they thought was a cyst, but is really a tumor. It looked like what is called a minengioma which is usually a benign tumor. She went into surgery at 3:50 and we were told that she would be a couple of hours. The Neurosurgeon came to speak with us at around 8:35. Unfortunately it wasn't a minengioma like they thought. Instead, it is thought to be what is called a glioma. We don't know yet if it is very malignant or not...he said that it could very well be on either side of the spectrum. We won't know until Tuesday or Wednesday.
When I finally got to see her in ICU last night around 930 or so, she looked good. A little tired, a little pale, but good. I told her how much we love her, and how much the kids love her. She simply told me to tell them to be good, and that Grandma loves them. We are holding fast to our faith that Heavenly Father knows all, and that he loves us so much. I will keep posting new details as soon as I hear...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We are praying for her, and you!!!

Grammy Carrie said...

Tami... I hope your Mother recovers quickly and that all will go well from this point forward.. let us know how she is doing.


Her statement for the kids to be good goes to show that we never stop being Mom's.. no matter what we are going through we always want the best for the kids...

Our prayers are with you...

Aunt Carrie

PETERSON FAMILY said...

Tami Let me know if you need anything. We are here for you and your family! We love you and we will have you in our prayers each night (you and your mom) Please dont hesitate to call if you need anything at all. We LOVE YOU!
Kelly

Mrsaundersrules said...

I am glad you are keeping us all posted, I have been wondering how she is doing. Keepinng you all in our prayers. Ü

Saunders clan said...

Sorry above comment was done with Jeff's school blog.