Monday, May 5, 2008

Tuesday Tell All...

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking
around outside your body."

~Elizabeth Stone



This week's Tuesday tell all has been left open, however we were given some ideas...so I just thought I would answer all of them!!

-First experience as a Mom. Well, since I wasn't really ready to be a Mom, (who is, really?) I didn't feel like a Mom until I saw my little JL girl smile up at me from her carseat. I'll never forget the feeling that came over me. Before that I had a hard time hearing Steven call me 'Mom'...but after she smiled, I found it VERY easy for him and others to call me 'Mom'.

-Best Mom advice. Listen. Read. Hug. Tell them what they mean to you. Don't ever let a moment pass you by that can be an opportunity to tell them how precious they are to you.

-Things I learned from my Mom.How to use a wooden spoon...LOL just kidding Mom. I learned that having a Mom for a best friend is the most wonderful feeling in the whole world. I've tried to carry that on into my relationships with my children. JL is my best friend, and I couldn't do without her.

-Why I love being a Mom. I love everything about being a Mom...even the nasty stuff. I love that I am loved for no reason. I love it when Steven comes home at the end of the day and is proud or glad that I am the Mother of his children. I love the little things that they say...I love it when at the worst times in my life i've heard a little voice say "Hi Momma" and "I love you Momma". It makes it all worth every moment. I feel like I really am living in a dream most of the time!!!

-Things I NEVER did before I became a Mom. I've never loved so deep. I've never hurt this bad when one of my children hurts. I've never cried so hard. I've never felt this kind of pain. I love each one of my children for the individuals that they are. I would do anything for them.

Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful Mom's out there!! I hope that your day and all of your days are full of slobber kisses and sweet 'I love yous'...

6 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

Want wonderful insight from a young mother. From the time I was a little girl I wanted to be a mother. I considered each new birth a blessing....however, there were times(like when all 4 got chicken pox) that it was more of a nightmare than a dream. I'm glad that you have such a positive outlook. In my opinion motherhood is life's greatest calling.

My children and grandchildren are my treasures. There are not even words to describe how rich they make my life. Keep up your good work. Some day you will be a "wealthy" grandma like me.

SuperCoolMom said...

What a great post! You inspire me to be a better Mom!

Unknown said...

You are a great mom! Happy Mother's Day this week!! When are you guys going to come play??? Maybe we could celebrate (Mother's Day) by sending the kids outside and eating chocolate without sharing?????

bestofthebishops said...

this was an incredible post! i loved reading it so much. i teared up of course--i'm such a baby! you are a wonderful momma!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Well written! Happy mother's day too!

Anonymous said...

A.M.E.N. SISTA!
i can totally relate to this post!!!
hope you had a Happy Mother's day...i did! :)