Monday, October 13, 2008

Dang flu bug...

Ew I hate being awoken to the sound of one of the kids vomiting. Not my fav. This time, JS threw up in his bed and all over himself. I did hear something sounding like a cough, but didn't think anything of it until he climbed into MY BED. So I ended up washing two beds instead of just his. On top of that, Steven was getting calls for the mortuary all night, and JT wouldn't go back to sleep. We all ended up on a blanket in the front room with bowls next to us. I'd just get back to sleep when I would hear...blaaaaahhhh...splash. Poor kids. Ahhh the joys of being a Mommy.
Wonderful reason #2 for being a Mommy...
So the other day Steven wasn't feeling well at work, (imagine that) and I took him a coke and a muffin to settle his stomach. (Guys are wimps.) I drove past the place where we bought my wedding ring and thought that I would stop to get it cleaned. JLand JS were in school, so this would be perfect. I pull over, and get JT out of the car and go in. They immediately take my 'kidified ring' to the back and begin cleaning it. While we waited, JT and I sat at the counter looking at some rings in a couple of comfy chairs. A man walked into the store wearing an expensive suit with beautiful shoes and shook hands with the jeweler. They sat down and began talking about the diamond business.
A beautiful sparkling diamond in the back corner of the case caught my eye and I shifted my weight to sit up and look at it. Just then, Angel #3 decided to pass some massive gas. The jeweler and the expensive suit man stopped talking and stared at me. I looked around, panicked, and then said..."Excuse you buddy..." They both just gave me a 'yeah right' kind of look. I grabbed JT and as I did, he let another one go, to which he said.."Bum funny.." Needless to say I won't be going to get my ring cleaned without a discuise...like not sweat pants and a pony tail, and DEFINATELY not with stinky Pete JT.

My ring is sparkly.

10 comments:

bestofthebishops said...

Gas? what do ya do? that is really funny actually! sorry. it is though. i think i have a wig that you can borrow if you want.

Saunders clan said...

That is funny!! But tell truth was it really JT? Just Kiddin

SuperCoolMom said...

Well, that stinks! heehee! The best is when it IS you and you can blame them.

Sure glad I can't get the flu through the computer.

Jenny said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. That made my day. Thanks for sharing!

Cute kids even if or when they are stinky.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you guys are sick...again!!! See ya next summer!

crystal said...

Oh my HELL. I just laughed so loud I did a bum funny.

crystal said...

Just kidding about the bum funny.

"...blaaaaahhhh...splash." Now THAT is the best description of kid-barfing I've ever heard.

hee hee You're funny.

crystal said...

"So the other day Steven wasn't feeling well at work, (imagine that)"

Who WOULDN'T feel well, working at a death palace? Poor fellow. If you ask me, he needs a line of cocaine to settle his stomach.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Oh,I so sorry that you've had the sickies. No fun!
That was a STINKING funny story!

Julie P. said...

So sorry to hear about the flu, hopefully everyone is feeling better. I also about died laughing with the "bum funny" that has happened to me more than once with Wells:)