
My Dad works at a company that helps build the solid rocket motors for the space shuttle. He has worked there since I was in 1st grade. I have always been proud of the space program and I find it very exciting. When it was time for me to do science experements for school, I always went to my Dad for help. Dad would provide pictures, patches, and sometimes actual melted rocks from test fires. It was always fun to work with Dad and exciting to me to think about space.
Everyday my Dad gets up early and goes to work without complaint and does his job the best that he can. Then he comes home, and works around the house. He is such a good guy. I am pretty sure i've gushed about my love for him on my blog before...but just so you know, my Dad is top notch. This year he was awarded the launch honoree award. It is the 2nd highest award he can recieve at the company. He was able to fly with my Mom to Florida and watch the launch that was successful last night. Dad has been sent to Florida a couple of times before to help fix a few things, but has never seen a launch himself. Last night was the first time for him. When the speakers rang out...'WE ARE GO FOR LAUNCH'...I couldn't help but beam with pride. All these years and all this time...and he's finally seeing the end result. When I spoke with him thismorning, he told me that there wasn't a word to describe it. I told him that there wasn't a word to describe how much I love him, and how proud I am of him. I do believe that our loved ones from the other side can be with us when events in our lives occur and I do believe that my Grandpa was with my Dad last night. Grandpa was always proud of my Dad and loved the space program as well. Grandpa had a belt buckle with the shuttle Challenger on it, and Dad had it with him last night. I know that Grandpa is proud of my Dad, and so am I. He's has achieved so many things in his life, but nothing so great as that of being a GREAT DAD.

Dad is in Disneyworld today with his wife...the Queen of Disney. He called and said that they were eating lunch between two families with kids. He wanted me to tell his Grandkids that he loves them, and misses them. I love that he tells us so much how he feels about us. We don't ever have to question it. I hope he doesn't ever have to question our love for him, too. We love you Daddy...




4 comments:
You are so funny, of course I remember my favorite co-worker at AFCU! I can't believe you are still so diehard MB20! I love it! Lokks like you are doing well also!
Brooke
Yay for your Dad!!! That is so great.
What an awesome thing to see! Your dad sounds amazing!
What a great honor! He sounds like a sweet guy!
Post a Comment