Friday, November 21, 2008

A sign of things to come??

My anniversary was on Tuesday. 8 years. So the plan was...Tuesday night make Steven a fancy dinner and snuggle with him all night. Friday ... go to Park City, check in early... swim .. barbeque... go to Celine Dion... come back to Park City and spend the night... SOUNDS GOOD, RIGHT???

Well...last week I get a phone call from my very good friend saying..."Have you heard the bad news??? Celine Dion cancelled her show and moved it to February 22...a Sunday." Nice. So Steven and I decided that we would feel worse going on a Sunday than we would feel good about being at her concert...so ticket refund, here we come. Bummer.
Double bummer when Steve's boss (who I don't like so much) decided that since the weather was nice...they had better head back up to Wyoming to work on the outside of a cabin...ON MY ANNIVERSARY and have been gone all week. No nice dinner...no snuggling...period. Over. So I spent my anniversary alone which was not ok, but ok because I couldn't cancel my Park City hotel, so alone or not I was going to Park City. The babysitters were still cool with taking the kids, and it was going to be alright. We were leaving thisafternoon, but WAIT! JT starts throwing up! Prolly no Park City overnighter for me...and no anniversary celebration. I sure hope this doesn't have some sort of connection to what the next year has to bring...
Am I allowed to say it??? This has been a BAD WEEK!!!

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Awww...I'm sorry things turned out so completely opposite as planned. :(

But yay I can see your blog again. Did you go private for awhile or was my computer just hating me and not letting me on here? Either way, glad to "see" you again! :)

Marietti Family said...

I'm sorry to hear about all your bad luck. That sounded like some great plans you had. Hopefully Steve's boss doesn't read your blog. The feeling's mutual about Steve's boss. Try and be optomistic. There's something good to come of all of this. It's more time you get to spend with your kids. And, little Jaden needs his mommy right now. Take care. Hope things go better next week & HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Luv ya!!!
Kristin

Nearly Flowers said...

Darn it all. I am sorry all of those crappy things happened. I can empathize with you. Last year for our 5th anniversary Cris had planned a surprise overnighter to the Alaskan Inn, however Cora had different plans. We spent our anniversay in Primary's for her fourth and final kidney surgery. It's lame when super fun plans get interupted with very un-fun events. I am so sorry. We never did make it to the Alaskan till this last anniversary. My advice would be still go to park city & celebrate your anniversary...just postpone it and not for a whole year:)
Hang in there!!
Brittany

Bodacious Barlows said...

Of course you're allowed to say it. Everyone has bad weeks. I'm sorry it happened to be over your anniversary. That's no good! Hopefully you two can make it up when he gets home and still be able to go do something fun!

Leslie said...

thank you.

The Flints said...

Tami, That stinks! I hope there was something good afterall. Was there? Sometimes bad things just seem to hit all at once! Bonnie

KATE said...

Hell yeah you're allowed to say it! I'd be in tears at this point! I'm sorry sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

You can definitely say it! That stinks.

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Is his boss anyone I would know and that I am very good at cursing his name under my breath and my husband rolls his eyes and can't believe I feel that way!!!!

This Place is a Disaster! said...

. . . who lives across the street from our house!