...as many of you know i've been following a blog about a baby named Gracie for about a year now. She is a little angel, and if you've watched her blog too, you've fallen in love with this little one. www.thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com
Last week she passed away. The news came that there would be no other option for her, except a tiny chance that she could become a candidate for a heart transplant...then the news that she actually WAS a candidate for a heart...so we prayed for a heart and 3 days later one was available to her. She had the transplant and her sweet little body rejected it. There was nothing more that the Gledhills or the doctors could do, so they let that little angel slip passed the veil into the arms of her Father in Heaven. I believe that He will hold her and take care of her until she meets again with her parents.
This blog has meant a lot to me. I hug my children for a lot longer, and a lot tighter. I look at all 'the little things' that matter more often now. I laugh with them, I cry with them, and most of all...I am closer to them. I love my family!
I didn't know this, but the Gledhills actually live quite a distance away from Primary Children's hospital. Michele drove there everyday, and guess what? She never mentioned that, or complained ONCE about the drive to and from. She's said before that she 'eats, breathes and sleeps Gracie..' Everything was about that little girl to her.
Gracie is no longer here, and so it's time to move on. In helping them and showing our love for them, my good friend http://www.mbox-of-chocolates.blogspot.com/ Monica suggested that maybe instead of flowers, we should get this sweet family some movie and dinner passes so that they can spend some time together as a family and not feel guilty about spending the money.
I know I come from meagerness...LOL...but I am going to do this. If anyone wants to help, let me know. I've already had about 5 people say that they wanted to donate, but could definately use more help. If you wanna give even a dollar, that would be fantastic.
Just leave a comment and I will get to you thru email.
We will be sending the package next week when all the flowers are gone, family has returned home, and life starts to settle down for them.
I have sure enjoyed reading this blog, and am thankful for it.
Thank you in advance to everyone, and thanks to those who have already donated! We will put all the names on the card of people who have donated. Love you all!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
A gift for the Gledhills...
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
2:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment