Sometimes when really sad things happen, I try to remember not to ask why? My family has gone through a really sad thing the last couple of days, and everytime I ask the question why, I try to remind myself that it's because. Does that make any sense?
I know that there are some things that are so hard to explain, and there's really no answer to the question why. But when this happends, I simply bear my testimony to myself in my head. I want to also put it out here in the blogosphere.
I KNOW that families can be together forever. I KNOW that Heavenly Father gave us faith, hope, charity and love and that the greatest is LOVE. I LOVE my family, and am grateful to be with them for eternity. I KNOW that we are never alone. I KNOW that the scriptures are like a road map that can lead us into eternity. I KNOW that the gospel has been restored to the earth. I KNOW that life is hard, but if you just keep going, and endure it, that you will be blessed.
I want my parents and my siblings to know that I love them. I want them all to be happy with all of my heart. I think of them, and pray for them sometimes hourly. I want them to know of my testimony, that it is stong, and never fails me. I am not perfect, but I try to improve every day.
I don't want to think of the why...it won't get me anywhere. I want to think of the promises that have been given to me if I remain faithful...just because.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Why? Because...
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
12:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Tell them we love them too! They are in my prayers.
This is beautiful. YOU are beautiful. I love your conviction. There is no "I hope" that families can be together forever, and that the gospel has been restored to the earth... you KNOW. So do I. What strength comes to our own testimonies when we hear (or read) others'. I sure love you, and I don't know what sad thing you are going through, but you and yours are in my prayers as well.
I especially relate to the part you said about not being perfect, but having a strong testimony that has never failed you. Isn't it wonderful? What a blessing, to just know it is true, and let that knowledge carry us through, even the hard times.
Reading this, I just feel to say, "Yep, that is my friend. The woman I have loved and admired for as long as I have known you." :D Thanks for sharing!
Oh, I'm sorry things are sad around your house lately! PLEASE let me know if there's anything I can do...need a GNO? I can do that...
Thank goodness for the gospel in our lives! We are truly blessed to have the knowledge that we do. Hope things get better!
Post a Comment