Friday, March 20, 2009

Kudos to Grandpa...

Two weeks ago on Monday, Janie went back to school for the first time since her surgery. I worried about her all day long...'how is she doing?' and 'I hope she's not running at recess'...
I picked her up, and to my surprise, she was doing really well! She jumped in the car, and told me that the next week she was going to be wildcat of the week! I was so excited for her, and then she told me that along with being wildcat of the week, she was in charge of the 'show and teach' on Wednesday. Her class doesn't do 'show and tell' because there's certain kids that have a lot and some that don't have much, so they bring something to school and show their class something that they 'know how to do'. Anyway...long story, short...she said she wanted Grandpa to bring the horses from Beaver and show the kids how to ride. LOL! I told her that she could call Grandpa and ask him herself!!! Well, she called, and he said 'Ok see ya Wednesday!'
So Wednesday morning, Janie went off to school while Grandpa drove 4 hours with 2 horses and Janie's cute Aunt Andrea all the way here! Janie introduced 'her horses' and her Grandpa, and then Doug taught them about the quarter horse and how to saddle them. Then Janie got on and rode around the field. The kids LOVED it! It was so much fun!
Unfortunately, my camera is broken, so I had my good friend Monica bring her camera and take pictures! She took 74 pics and will give them to me on a CD! How nice is she???!!! THANKS Monica!!!
I will post them as soon as I have some!!! THANKS again Grandpa! You made Janie's whole day and probably whole rest-of-the-school-year!!!

4 comments:

Grammy Carrie said...

There is sometihing very special aboiut them Peterson Grandpa's... Starting with Floyd all the way to Brian.. They are Great Men with big hearts... Doug you are awesome...

Zoo Keeper Mom said...

This made my heart feel all warm and fuzzy. Winner of the greatest grandpa of the year award goes out to..... Grandpa Peterson! (please let him know he can pick up his award anytime)

Marietti Family said...

What a great grandpa. Hearing that made my heart happy. How nice of him. I'm sorry to hear about Janie. I didn't know she had surgery. What happened?

Unknown said...

Yay for Grandpa!!! Don't worry, I'll get you those pics!! We had soooooo much fun!!!