Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tam's tantrum...and duck duck goose...

Before I start my tantrum...I wanna tell JT thank you for the intense game of duck duck goose that was played tonight after dinner. You are my sunshine, kiddo. It was really good to be with my kids after a long week at work. Thanks Steven for getting us a pizza and hanging out with us!

Ok so...I usually don't like to blog politics, but this one is really getting to me...
If someone can make more sense of this, please let me know how. Here is goes...
It's a VERY good possibility that I HAVE a drug dealer across the street. People are ALWAYS coming and going. When they pull up, they knock on the door...then state their name...go in for about 5 min...and leave. Sometimes they get dropped off , sometimes their 'ride' parks around the corner, and sometimes they park right outside my window. Last summer the 'guy' that lives there 'forgot' to put his park break on his truck and it went rolling down the street...
I run across the street after his truck smashed into a tree and knocked on the door. Heres how the conversation went...
Me: knocking Hello!!! Is anyone in there?
Drug man: Who is it?
Me: It's your neighbor...
Drug man: Go away!
Me: ok dude...but your truck just ran into a tree...
Drug man: opens the door looking very glassy and is sitting next to a plastic tote with various needles and paraphanalia on it...and says...oh man...
The police were called, and still...nothing.
BUT WAIT! There is this FABULOUS thing called the 'tip a cop line' right? You can call and leave an anonymous tip, or you can be super vocal about who you are and what EXACTLY is going on. I have called (no kidding) at least 15 times. I think my neighbors have called several times, too. At first I was like..."Yeah it's A POSSIBILITY that there's drug use going on across the street..." And then there's been the last 2 times..."So YEAH...um is anyone gonna do ANYTHING about this problem?" Everytime they just say "yeah ok...we'll investigate." And does anything EVER get done? Nope.
But get this...I have a good friend who went to the RECYCLE center to RECYCLE her recycleables after Christmas. Apparantly the dumpster was full and some of the garbage fell out. The city TOOK THE TIME to dig through the garbage and find my friend's address and sent her a letter telling her that she was going to be charged a boatload of money if they EVER find her RECYCLEABLES on the ground again. I understand that we can't litter. I understand that crap happends and we really can't have garbage on our streets...but aren't drugs considered garbage too? Should I HAVE to go out and scour the lawn for drug needles and worry about my kids finding 'dime bags' outside? WHY don't the 'tip a cop' people care that my kids and innocent people are around this garbage? Have they sent my neighbors a nasty letter telling them to stop 'putting garbage' on our streets or else? Or are they SERIOUSLY spending their TIME and our MONEY to find an address at a recycle station?
ALL I CAN SAY IS GRRR...
ok.
So.
I am going to take a deep breath now and go scour the lawn while I work really hard to get us out of here!

9 comments:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

We had/have a drug dealer in our neighborhood, we think. the neigbor accross the street has called millions of times to no avail. They do say that you need evidence. The evidence is a s follows: Set up a video camera and get as much info as possible. Also make a log of license plates numbers so they can track them an the repetition of them.
I know it sound freaky to set up a video camera in your front window, but that's the only suggestion they had.
I think the squeeky wheel . . . !

Michelle said...

I would keep a log tracking all the visitors to the home and how often they frequent and length of stay. I think it's a good idea to take down license plate number and video tape.

Good luck!

The Christensen's said...

Tam-
I am sorry you are the one working... it must be really hard. Know that I love you!

Saunders clan said...

Ok well, your note says only to leave nice an witty comments, this may not be nice. I say forget (edited for niceness) the tip line and go directly to the police and tell them the situation and then see if they tell you how you can help them, cause I have heard of people doing the logs of names and license plates. I would be pretty freaked out too, I don't blame you I would be pretty ticked (edited again for niceness). Hey that place around the corner is still for rent. Ü a cross the street from it the people are very quiet and I doubt there are any drug deals going on...they are already dead the dealing is done.

Grammy Carrie said...

Tam... last year Bart, Cort and I were playing golf on the GolfCourse right by our house... and I was walking up the cart path... and there was a baggie.. I picked it up, and Showed it to Bart and Cort.. Cort says he mom.. your the owner of a 10 spot... I could not believe it was on my golf course... This just goes to show.. it is everywhere... !!!!!!!!!! Sad..

Curtis & Elise said...

We always called the police station directly, instead of tip-a-cop and we always got pretty good results. They asked us to keep track of the license plate numbers and times when they'd come and how long they'd stay, but they never collected the information. Just keep it up and you'll have the fun we did of watching them get busted... some day.

As for the "code enforcers", they really are just punks. We've had the "privilege" of speaking with them face to face many times about numerous "offenses" and they really don't have anything better to do with their time. I don't like them. They love getting good people in trouble. They think they're "cleaning up" the city, but I think they do very little actual good.

Camille McDermott said...

Tami I can't recall how many times I have been to your house and have really never paid attention but the 1 time I brought Jed he said that exact same thing. I watch cars come and go and told me that he thought that was a drug dealers house. I agree with everyone else, record as much as you can and go to the police. Good luck and let me know if I can help in someway.

Grammy Staffy said...

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!!! They take the time to contact your friend because her recycle stuff fell out of the bin but won't go after drug dealers???? Unbelievable!!!

I have no words.... GRRR

Curtis & Elise said...

Curtis says this about your situation: Sometimes it just takes time. The police probably ARE watching that house, but they have to build up enough evidence to warrant a bigger plan of action. They also have to catch them red-handed before they can take them to court/jail without leaving loopholes for them to get out of. So be patient, it takes months, sometimes longer, but it'll happen.

Did you get a job? Where? Why?