I decided I would give in to peer pressure and do the TTA. So ok, here goes.
Our Christmas tree...
Our Christmas tree is full of ornaments. Our first ornaments were given to us at a bridal shower. My Dad's siblings threw a Christmas themed wedding shower for us so that we would have decorations on our first Christmas. They are all so pretty. I love all of the little snowmen that came with it.
Our next influx of ornaments was from my Mom. She decided that every year she would make ornaments for all of her children. So for the last 7 years, i've recieved (sometimes several) ornaments from my Mom. All homemade. My Mom is my hero, and I only hope that one day i'll be as giving and caring as she is.
As the years have passed, i've collected our own ornaments as well. When JL was born, of course she got her Baby's first Christmas ornament.
Then JS was born, and I ordered one online. It came with a pink ribbon and pink on the little crib. So my Mom, being the crafty woman she is, fixed it to make it look more manly! So JS has a rigged ornament, that I think is even better than it was before.
Last year, JT got his first Christmas ornament. It's one of my very favorites..mostly because it has his first and middle name on it.
A thought came to me last year...our family is now complete! I could order a family ornament! So I ordered these little penguins with our names on it. It was kind of bitter sweet when it arrived. I was happy to see how cute it turned out, but I was also sad that there wouldn't ever be any more little penguins to add...
I, personally love my Christmas tree. The actual tree is fake, because that's cheaper for us college students!! I am grateful for the blessings that I have in my life, including these little ornaments.
Every year, I bring them out and reminisce about those years, and those times...back when it was just Steve and me...back when it was just JL, just JS and now all 5 of us together. I wouldn't ever want to be without any one of them. Happy Holidays everyone!!!
Monday, December 3, 2007
Tuesday Tell All...
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
5:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




25 comments:
So sweet Tami!
We add new ornaments every year too! How fun!
I love your tree! (we do the fake tree too) Shh, don't tell, it's taboo to some. ha ha
Love your sweet memory filled tree!
I got your note on my TTA blog. So glad you are joining in. Leave me your e-mail address and I'll begin e-mailing you the topics on Fridays.
Look how good you are..first week and you're ahead of the game posting on Monday.
I love your TTA! The pictures are darling. I didn't know you guys were in school--you're my hero.
Thanks for your cute comment today; I totally look for your sweet, uplifting comments every DAY. I'm feelin' the love, right through the computer moniter :)
We add ornaments every year too, but I don't think my lame camera will take pictures of them on the tree (stupid flash).
Gracie makes enough oraments to fill the tree every year but only a choice few end up in th box at the end of the season.
I love your first Christmas ornaments. My kids don't have a mom who is that on the ball...
Oh, and red heads who fib about how great their cake is are all yours!
By the way, the ornaments in the second picture look like sour gumdrops and I want some. Yummmmy. They seriously look like sugar.
Red heads are hot.
Cute! Christmas is so much about tradition- you've got a great one going with the ornaments!
That's so fun! I love your special ornaments - I never did that for my kids and I'm kind of sad about it. Your kids will really treasure those too.
Those are some sweet ornaments! I love a lot of the ones we have too. We have a baby's first Christmas one for Kenzie that Josh had made at Things Remembered. My mother-in-law gave me one this summer right before Jocelyn was born that she got made somewhere back east. But she put her nick name and didn't think to ask us how it's spelled...so she has one that says Josey...not Josie. Oh well. LOL!
Your tree looks great! I love your penguin ornament, you'll have to let me know where you got it. Hope Jaden is feeling better.
Your tree is perfect! How fun! Cody and I also have a fake tree! It's been passed down through the ages and it's the most pathetic looking tree you'll ever see!Ha Ha! Oh well..it's ours and we love it! You need to stop by and visit k! Love ya!
I think it's great that you have stories behind your ornaments! Lovely tree to!
Btw, it's not cheating to comment on my contest post, think of it like the lottery...The more tickets you buy, the more chances you have to win...or get struck by lighning, or something;)
Sweet! I love the story behind every one of our ornaments too. I don't think I ever want a 'department store' tree. I think my tree is perfect with it's hodge-podge ornaments. I love it!
I love Christmas time and everyones stories and traditions. I think you have the cutest family and we are so glad you are our sort of neighbor.
Your tree is wonderful and so are the ornaments!
I loved your ornament tour Tami! Such sweet memories attached to each one--that is what makes decorating the tree so special, I think. So sweet of your mom to give you handmade ornaments! And I love your family penguin group too. :)
love it! and i have to say i am impressed you have your tree up.
It's officially Christmas when the tree goes up. How fun for you. I love that each ornament has a memory. Mine just looks cute! :)Have a great weekend!
I love all your ornaments. I collect ornaments as well and I love it because when I look at the tree I feel like it tells a story. Fun post!
Tami Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to link my blog on your sidebar.
Hey, I so missed you yesterday! I hope you had fun, just know we missed ya!!
How fun! We add ornaments every year too. It is fun to put them out and remember funny things about them.
Tami! Where are you???? Are you alive? Are you ok? I miss my matchbox daily dish! Come back!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I laughed so hard at your lecture on me wearing my floozy jacket! Of COURSE I was wearin' it!
Duh. I
'm a card-carryin', jacket-wearin' member.
I love those ornaments. My mom gives the grandkids a new ornament each year on their gift tied on the bow, so that when they grow up they will already have at least 18 or so ornaments for their first tree. Except my kids ruin most of them after 1 year on the tree, so she is just replacing their one memento of her for their tree.
I found your blog from Cecily's. I came to your blog because of your name "matchbox mom". I, too, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MB20 AND ROB THOMAS! So, of course I had to check out your blog :)
I commented on this post because I noticed in one of your pictures that your son and my son have the same birthday (it was on your ornament), except my son is 14.
Very cool... I will be back :)
Post a Comment