Saturday, January 5, 2008

My blogging stalker tagged me..

hehe just kidding Sarah! Sarah recently outed herself and finally let me know that she's been reading my blog! I'm so glad she outed herself because I love reading her blog too! So anyway, she tagged me for a meme...10 things that I have or have not posted on my blog. Since it's a new year, I thought I would write things that happend last year, mostly so I won't forget...

1. In February it was the 10th year anniversary of my friend Sarah Jane passing away. Sarah died in a car accident when I was a Junior in High School. Sarah went out to breakfast with some other friends and on the way home, the car they were in was broadsided by a semi-truck. It was one of the worst days of my life, and still thinking about it can break my heart. However, since she was such a great example to me, I wouldn't have had the strength to get through an even harder trial that I was enduring at the time. I wanted to be with her again someday, and so I knew that I needed to change my life. It's bittersweet that she's gone, and I miss her more than anyone will ever know...

2. In May my Grandpa passed away. I promise i'm not going to write about all the sad stuff...but anyway...Grandpa passed away in May. He was my first Grandparent to pass away. I got a phone call on Sunday morning...'Grandpa's not doing well, you had better get up here'. So I got there as fast as I could. Grandpa was hunched over in a recliner because he couldn't breathe lying down. I told him how proud I was of him, thanked him for coming to my wedding and kissed his forehead. He told me that he loved me too, and kept asking me for his JS. I told him that he was at church with his Dad. He told me that he was proud of me too. I'll never forget holding his hand and sitting at his feet. Even still, just thinking about it i'm getting all teared up. ahhhh...

3. In July I got a letter from JL first school! I still cannot believe that my baby girl in a Kindergartener!! Crazy. The letter didn't say anything about JL being super smart or socially incredible, it just was letting us know what time the warning bell rings and what time lunch is...I opened it and BAWLED! hehehe...I'm still so proud of her!

4. Also in July...okay here comes another sad one...get your tissues. Every Thursday night the men in our ward play basketball. One of our friends, Mike fell down after a play and had a heart attack. I took his wife to the ER and waited until the doctor finally came in and told us that her husband had 'unfortunately passed away'. It was really traumatic for me, but my kids were there in the gym too, and so it was harder for them. Every Thursday night the men still play ball because that's what Mike would have wanted...and every Thursday night, my kids tell Steven to be careful.

5. In August my friend Emily brought her sweet kids to me so she could get to the hospital to have her third child. It was a funfilled eventful day. I got to drive their Minivan! JL got frustrated with me because I wouldn't do her hair all curly and put it in braids instead. So while I was lying down with one of the babies, she went into the bathroom and put a LOAD of vaseline in her hair...all over...that was fun. It didn't wash out for about 4 days. It was all worth it when Emily brought baby Dallin over to let me see him. He is such a sweet little guy, content and cute. I love that little guy!

6. In September, JL learned to ride her bike without training wheels! woo hoo! JT decided he likes to golf, and JS went to his first carnival. September 21st was JT's 1st birthday. I'm still struggling to believe that my baby is a whole year old! In March he'll be a year and a half! woooaaaahhh that went by fast!

7. So much happened in October, and I remember feeling like it was the longest month of my life...first JL had her 6th birthday. We had a party with balloons and TONS of little girls dressed as princesses at our home. It was a lot of fun. Then on the 10th our cousin's babies...little Carter Cort and Tori Lynn were born 14 weeks early. I still think about those little angels all the time. My heart still aches when I think of them, and I miss them and their sweet spirits all the time.
Not long after the twins were born, JS broke his arm being a Ninja Turtle on the swingset. He got a neon green cast that he thought looked very 'Ninja Turtleish..' JS wasn't very happy that he couldn't get his cast wet especially when we had our annual pumpkin carve and he couldn't play with the pumpkin guts.

8.In November I had a freak out when too many people called and reminded me to vote. I voted, and then celebrated heavily the next day.
On the 7th it was JS and my Mom's birthdays. Mom turned 50 so we treated her real nice...hehehe. ::evil laugh:: JS turned 4...and his cast turned 4 weeks old...boys are stinky enough without a stinky cast on their arms...ew.
JL learned how to write her first word all on her own...and what was that word? MATCHBOX!!! I was soo proud. ahhh...
Steven and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary in November too...can you believe he's put up with me that long?? Crazy.

9. In December, our family was able to go to Disneyland thanks to my parents. Mom and Dad decided to take all of their children and Grandchildren to Disneyland. What a blessing that was. A magical time for our little family. It was great to see their faces light up and mostly...to be together. I really think that week was the longest time we've been able to spend with Steven. It was wonderful.
Christmas was perfect, and I don't think we could have asked for a more fulfilled time. On Christmas Eve, there was a knock on our door...and a bag of gifts for me and Steven was there...we were both sooo surprised. I got a new sweater, and shirt and a $35.00 gift certificate to Clinique. Steven got a new Laker's hat and shorts along with a nice American Eagle shirt. I was so glad because I wanted to get him those shorts, but was unable to. Man, it was a good Christmas!!!

10. One of the nicest things that has happened to me this year is that i've met so many blogging friends. I have learned so much from you...from all of you!
Some of you make me laugh and some of you make me cry. Some of you are totally inspired and some of you are still trying to find your way. I love logging in and reading the nicest things that people have to say. Your support during the time we lost Carter and Tori was immeasureable...i'll never forget it. Thanks to all of you for being so nice and being exactly what i've needed. To my family bloggers...
I love you all so much. Aunt Deb is one of my best friends. She is always thinking about a way to help someone. If I get a phone call from her, it's because she's either concerned about me or someone else. I love her. I love that so many other family members have joined the blogosphere and shared more of their lives with us.
I'm raising my diet coke tonight to my blogging friends and family and wishing you a great 2008.

This year has brought many new trials but even more happy times. I am in the prime of my life being a Mom and a wife. I know we don't have much, but I truly am living my dream...married to Steven and raising his children. I love each of them. I am ready for whatever 2008 has in store for us..the good and the bad.

11 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

What a great post! I feel like I went through so many of those experiences with you because you shared them with us! You are great. I think about little Tori and Carter often too, and hope their parents are doing okay.

I hope that this New Year brings you and your family wonderful things, sweet friend!

Cecily R said...

Ah, Tami, you are so cool! I love the way your blog sounds just like you!

Here's hoping the next year is a wonderful one for you and your amazing family!!!

Kjerstin said...

Wow, you've had an emotional year! Way to keep such a great attitude through everything! Here's to a (quieter) wonderful 2008!

Kellan said...

You have had an amazing year - turmoils and triumps! I hope you have a wonderful 2008 and I look forward to seeing you often - my blogging friend. Take care. Kellan

Natalie said...

I'm sorry about the sad things this year, but sounds like you had some fun ones as well. It's fun getting to know you from you blog. :) And hey, we both won headers from Nap Warden! :)

Sarah said...

Aw, those were fun to read. Well some made me get a lil teary eyed, but that's ok. Thanks for playing along. Glad you had such a great Christmas...Here's to a great New Year!

Crazymamaof6 said...

thanks for sharing your memories and moments with us too! sweet friend! you made me cry! but I'm sure all of it was harder on you than me. so thanks for the glimpse into your reality! hugs for you and your cute family! what a great Christmas surprise! and so fun to go to Disneyland and spend time as a family. Holy cow super sad about the basketball heart attack! and scary too! and oh so sweet about your grandpa. and those sweet twins and their special spirits touched all of us! you rock for sharing and I hope your 2008 is amazing and fabulous and all you need it to be!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Thanks for sharing. It has been fun getting to know you here in blogdom.

crystal said...

What a full & eventful year. Wow. I agree with Cec--when I read your blog, I feel like you're right next to me, chatting away! You're such a strong, witty & fun person. :)

lindsey said...

I loved reading your list. I can see why everyone is talking about, you are a fun person and you have a really cute family!

Bye for now...

lindsey said...

oh yeah that is supposed to say... I can see what not I can see why.

I'm so lame!