Monday, January 21, 2008

Tuesday Tell All...

This week's assignment is to finish these sentances...

I wish I would have...
I'm so glad I...

I wish I could say that i've lived my life with no regrets, however that is not true. I regret a lot of things that happened in my life, mostly in my teenage years. We all do, right? But I guess I would have to say that the thing I regret the most is that...I wish I would have listened to the Prophet and never dated before I was 16. I have had many, many MANY tough times thanks to my disobediance. I wish I would have listened...

I am so glad that I did finally listen. I listened to my Mom. I listened to my Dad. I listened to Steven's parents. When it all came down to it, I knew I could not disappoint them. I still live in fear that someday I might diappoint them, even in the slightest, and it scares me to death. I don't ever want our parents to be disappointed in me.
I finally made good decisions in my life that brought me to Steven and eventually the cutest kids! I don't know where I would be without them. I'm so glad I finally listened.
I am also so glad I met some of the best friends i've ever had...my Matchbox buddies. They taught me that while men can be men, there are still good ones out there. I have never met guys (besides my Dad) that weren't vile and discusting, verbally abusive until I met them. They taught me that there are good guys out there, and I saw the same thing in Steven when he came home from his mission. (He is a little bit grosser than them tho..LOL) Steven has never verbally abused me or put me down. He wants me to be happy, and i've never known that kind of man was real until I met my Matchbox buddies. I will forever love and appreciate them.
I could go on and on about all the things i'm glad about, but I won't turn this into the Pollyanna game, so...there you go.

5 comments:

Wendi said...

Sounds like such a good guy. Hope we can all meet up some day!

Crazymamaof6 said...

way to go! love this thanks for sharing! and i did that stuff too. ahh. i can't say i have regrets though since i wouldn't be who i am with out those choices but man life would have been easier!

hugs for you!

KATE said...

Such a sweet post! I hear ya on the "wandering around" for a while! I'm glad you found Steven too! What a great guy! I have the same regrets honey! We need to get together & talk sometime!

bestofthebishops said...

you are great! can't wait for our girls day out. we are going to have so much fun!!
loves!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing with us!