Monday, January 7, 2008

TTA: Organize it!

So the subject for this week's Tuesday Tell All is Organization...HAHAHA! Right now my Mom is laughing and wondering what in the world I am going to talk about.
Let me just say...I have learned something, Mom! You're gonna either laugh or maybe be a little bit proud.
So something i've learned through the years of being married and having little ones running around (sometimes straight into walls...) Clutter is unnecessary. We don't have a lot of room in our apartment. We have a 2 bedroom...which is better than a 1 bedroom...but still...with three kids, there's not a lot of room. I don't let the kids always have all the toys that they get. Yes i'm kind of mean. I rotate them. I keep all of the old stuffed animals in totes in my closet, and then rotate them out every six months. (Usually during General Conference.) I also rotate the other toys too. They usually only have the toys out that they've gotten for their birthdays and Christmas for awhile. All the others are put into bins under JS's bed or in the toy box that NEVER opens...or else...
I've learned that if I haven't used it in over a year or so...I don't need it filling up my house. Steven has a filing cabinet for all of his school work. We all have shoe organizers in our closets. I really do throw a lot of stuff away that I don't need...and everything else that is useable, I donate.
I'm definately not the best organizer, but I am learning. I use my cell phone a lot to remind me of events that are happening. I love technology...
I organize my cleaning schedule too. Monday I dust everything. Tuesday is kind of my free day. Wednesday I do the bathroom...ew. Thursday is LA LA LA LAUNDRY DAY! (Have I mentioned that I love laundry? Oh yeah...I did.) Friday is my major cleaning day. Complete kitchen disinfectant...floor mopping...and usually putting the final touches on my adorned laundry. I love being clean! It was so hard when I was preggo...and couldn't get these things done. Last Thursday I was throwing up, so did the laundry get done? Nope. Friday I was on my back all day long...did the major cleaning get done? Nope. So I have a lot of making up to do this week.
My bills are organized too. When a bill comes in the mail, I put it in the middle slot of my desk. Well, after I freak out about how much I owe someone of course. Then on the first Friday of the month, I pay about half of them, and the third Friday, I pay the rest of them. After they're paid, they go into the top slot of the desk, and at the end of the next month, I file them away for a year...and at the end of the year, I shred all of them.
Okay...there you go. Excitement huh? The most organized i've ever been in my life...
hopefully it gets better.

14 comments:

crystal said...

You are amazing. Wow. Don't you dare say you aren't organized. Can I come be your intern???

(cue the napoleon music)..."I love technology, but not as much as you, you see...always & forever."

SuperCoolMom said...

You sound really organized to me! I just went through the princess palace and cleaned out three huge bags of junk, then boxed up 47 naked Barbies, tons of stinking Polly Pockets and all of their choking-item accessories, and all the doll house stuff. She was about to cry until I told her she wouldn't want that mess in her "teenager room".

SuperCoolMom said...

Oh, and your new header is so dang cute!

Cody & Melanie said...

Yeah I love your new header too! You'll have to teach me how to do stuff like that. And yes you are very organized! I like the idea of doing it one day at a time. Me I'll do everything in one day and it takes all day!! Then I just let the house go untill I feel up to doing it all again. Which usually isn't for a while!! I'm going to try it your way..it will make it a ton easier for when the kid comes!

Laurie said...

Sounds exciting to me! I love organization! Good for you.

Marcie said...

Laughing that you put the comment in for your mom. I think the same way. I know my Mother inwardly groans each time she opens my kitchen cupboards.

You sound to me like you have things all figured out. Thanks for your ideas.

Unknown said...

I'm impressed! Way to go! And, I too love your new header. It's very cute! Have fun on your day off today!

Wendi said...

Cute header!

Love your tips! Especially the bill-paying ones. I don't really have a great system for that one.

I just got a new washer and dryer yesterday! Our old ones were hand-me-downs, and they finally died. =(

Now maybe I'll enjoy la-la-la-laundry!

Cecily R said...

Ummmmm, you are NEVER allowed to just drop by my house. You are hereby REQUIRED to call first so that I can throw everything under my bed.

I am humbled. And wishing I had your love of laundry.

Cecily R said...

Oh, and let me just jump on the band wagon here and compliment your new header!

It all began here said...

Tami, Ok, it's official~ you may not come over again. I am so un organized. Every drawer, closet, cabinet etc, could use a major overhaul! I hate laundry and in my closets you will see piles of it.

yeah, you are my hero!

Love Ya

Desiree said...

If you have kids and you actually keep a cleaning schedule I'd say you're more organized than most! I hate laundry (and we bought a new washer and dryer when we moved here a year ago) so please come to my house I have so much laundry it would be downey nirvana for you! ;)

Alana said...

I am just starting to get the whole "stay at home mother" routine down. Thanks for the tips on how to stay on top of the cleaning/organizing. Good job super mom!

bestofthebishops said...

great systems--love them all! also, love your new page layout!
so great! how did you create it, i am not tech saavy at all.
loves!