


Man, it was a nice snowy day today! I was crazy enough to take JL to school thismorning for her SHORT day...and almost got into several accidents. One that I almost hit our tree out front. I was sliding backwards straight for it, and JL yelled, "Mom! Our tree!" While I was screaming "Crap! My new Jeep!!!" I stopped before I hit it tho, luckily. Halfway to school, JL said, "This is nuts. Let's go home..." I agreed, but we had already made the trek up to the school, so she went. I came home and shoveled snow for about an hour and a half. Which was worthless because by the time I was done, it was full again. I made the trek back to the school, and picked up JL. Then, this is what we did...
We built an igloo. When it was all finished, JL came out and said, "Now all we need are some accessories and major appliances.." I was laughing so hard, I about died. She's too cute.
We also built a snowman.
He's really a happy snowman...wink wink...
All in all it was a rather fun time...here's some more random pictures of the fun we had today...



Oh yes, and we measured 15" outside on our lawn! The most we've had in a long time!
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Our Snow Day!!!
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
4:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




23 comments:
Sweet! Winter wonderland.
so does this mean the bathroom did not get done today? Oh an by the way~ you are un invited to my messy un organized house. My drawers, closets and laundry (to name a few) are a mess!
Love you
Deb
Holy crap, lady! You really DID build an igloo!!! HOW did you do that? You are now officially Mother of the Year.
Those pictures are so amazing! I love the one of the little guy walking down the shoveled path--that one's a framer for sure!
that is the most fabulous thing ever! how cool are you! amazing!
I declared it a real snow day at my house and we did NOT make the trek to the school today. Short day in that? You are a braver woman than I am!! My friend called and said they weren't even letting parents into the parking lot to pick up kids at our school!
I love the igloo! How did you do that? My kids need to know!!!
Ladies...
Here's how we made the igloo...
we shoveled a boatload of snow into a pile and packed it tight. Then we took a little shovel and hollowed it out. Then we took a bucket and made bricks. Our neighbor is a mason, so he helped us too. It was fun...a lot of work, but fun. Then we sprayed it with warm water, so as Joshua says, "It will stay here forever and ever.." Can you imagine having that igloo in the summer?
love your new header
Awesome Mom Award goes to you for that piece of fun/work!!!
I love your new look!
You got DUMPED ON! Wow! I want.
Cool cool igloo! My girls started one on our lawn ... it's about 20 feet in diameter, and about 1 foot high... funny!
ok super cool mom, where did you learn to build igloo's?:) let's not forget our super cool dad who taught us:) take all the credit, i can't believe you. the kids look so stinking cute. i love it. you really need to come see me friday so i can play with them. i miss them sooooo much. and i guess you too:) i'm glad they had fun.
I love the igloo! How cool is that?! I love the ones of your little guy, he a cutie. I love the new family photo! :)
Love the pictures; sick of the snow! We got 8 inches!
Great pictures...I like the purple background btw!
Who's hands are over Jaden's eyes?
That is hilarious.
I love the new header!!!
~h
just going to say what everyone else has already said....frickin' wonder woman!!!! are you joking?!
i can't believe the igloo? amazing!
and of course as always your kiddies are so stinking cute!!
loves!
The igloo is AWESOME!!!
and your kids are so stinkin cute
Hey Girl!! How fun!! I love the igloo & I love the cute pictures of your kids too!! Fun day!
I really like your fun igloo too! :D
Looking at all that snow made me a little less homesick. I'm glad we don't have that much here. LOL!
Glad you didn't wreck your new Jeep!
You are too cute! Did you get the accessories and appliances taken care of? Kids are so funny! Fun day.
Tami, my sister reminded me of this way cool web site: http://www.flylady.net/
You will love it. Take a look!
Love ya girl,
Deb
How fun! And super COOL igloo! I'm SNOW envious! (and corny too, apparently!)
It looks like so much fun. I love the igloo. That looks amazing! The pictures are darling!
Post a Comment