Monday, February 4, 2008

DONE AND DONE...

Tonight there are two things that I am DONE with. Number one...THE SNOW. I love the snow, don't get me wrong. It is beautiful and it goes with everything. However, I am a Mom, which means I have kids to take care of so going snowboarding is out of the question...what else is there to do but shovel the darn stuff all day long? This year we've had more snow than the last 10 years that I can remember..and it's ENOUGH. I swear if I hear the weatherman in the summertime talking about how we are in a drought, i'm gonna FREAK OUT. Whew! Got that off my chest..

Number two...THE DANG FLU. We have had the flu now 3 times in 6 weeks. I am done. Done. Done. This one wasn't the stomach flu, which I have to say i'm grateful for since my babies are still learning how to get their rear ends to the toilet, they sure don't know how to get their heads to the toilet either. The laundry piles up, and i'm constantly washing sheets and blankies, pillows and more sheets. This time it's just the plain old influenza which means the cold chills and body aches along with a massive head ache and congestion with cryptic-like coughs. Fun. Fun. JT and I got the worst of it, which is WONDERFUL...since i'm the one that takes care of everyone, and he's the one that needs me the most. It has been a fun filled week..
Now i'm done venting...whew.

17 comments:

kim said...

Awwwww -- vent away, you need it.

Just don't pay attention to the forecast -- if you don't hear about any snow, then how can it get you -- right?

feel better.

Crazymamaof6 said...

shoot that ROTS! hope ya feel better soon. and UGH on the snow.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I'm so sorry that you all have been getting the sick rounds! You need more COLD and less snow! The cold kills the germs!

Wendi said...

Ugh! I hope you really are done! So sorry my dear!

Nat Nat said...

Ugh! Vent away. I keep blaming the stupid groundhog as a way to take out the anger. It has been miserable and I am also sick of the sicknesses. SPRING I WANT SPRING!

Megan said...

That stinks. Things can only look up from now.

Steph said...

So sorry about the snow and flu! Right there with ya with the snow, and luckily we haven't had the flu...hopefully we wont!
Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better!!! Hopefully you can get up the energy to go vote today...
go Mitt!

Zabriskie Family said...

That is a killer! I wish I was still little to have my mom taking care of me when we are sick. I think moms get the short end of the stick when we get sick. Hope everything and everyone gets better for the rest of the year.

crystal said...

We just got RID of that "real" flu--blech. I'm sorry it's come your way! I didn't send it--I promise. Hope YOU don't get it; that's what really put me under, is when I got it along with everyone else. I'll cross my fingers for my cutie-friend! Wear your floozie jacket for good luck.

Cecily R said...

I'm ALL for listening to someone other Whiner Me vent a little. Vent, vent VENT away!!

I'm totally with you on being DONE with snow. I love weather and weather extremes but this is ridiculous. I think if I could stand it or make it, I wouldn't drive again til March.

I am so sorry about all your germs. I hope everything is getting back to normal and everyone is feeling better soon. :)

Laurel said...

Oh sweetie! I'm so so sorry! I wish I lived closer to ya & I could help out somehow! I so know exactly what you're going thru. It's horrible to be sick when you have to be the Mommy!
Take Care sweetheart!

KATE said...

That Laurel comment is from me, Kate. I was on there updating my Mother in Laws family reunion blog. Sorry!

Laurie said...

I agree- tired of the snow! Hope you all feel better soon.

Natalie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you've been so sick! I hope you all get better soon and that you stay better!

Sorry about the snow. My mom (in Orem) tells me about it and I can hardly believe it. I don't remember there ever being a winter that bad. I hope it lets up soon!

Holly said...

Yikes--that's a whole bunch of flu in a short amount of time. Hope everyone is on the mend soon. Hang in there Mom! (Like you said, st least it wasn't the tummy bug!!)

I don't know how to handle even small amounts of snow and ice, much less live in it for weeks, months, etc.

SuperCoolMom said...

So after you're all done with school are you moving to sunny AZ? You don't have to shovel sunshine!