My good friend, Kate posted about a good friend of hers that has a sweet, sweet baby girl named Gracie, who has hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Which basically means that the left ventricle of her heart will not ever work. She has been in extreme critical care, but continues to defy the odds. She asked us to please pray for her, and if we wanted to, we could visit her site...www.thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com
I, of course thought that this was a nice gesture, and so I went to her site about a week and a half ago. Let me just tell you how much I LOVE this baby girl! She has captured my heart in so many ways. They have had some pretty good scares, but some really good moments. If you take a minute and read about her Mom and Dad, I can guarantee you will be amazed at their faith and their gratitude. I know I have. Gracie has blessed my life in so many ways...from loving her little face, to hugging my kids a little tighter. I have prayed so many times in this last little while...and i'm hoping that you all will too. Like I said, i'm a total stranger to her, but have been inspired by her and her family. Her Mom has said how wonderful it is to have complete strangers praying for her daughter...please pray for baby Gracie...
'Our lives remain in these small hours...these little wonders...these twist and turns of fate..time falls away, but these small hours...these little wonders still remain.'
-Rob Thomas
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
This Wednesday is NOT wordless...
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
12:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Beautifully said!! Thanks Tami!! She really is a Miracle!!
~Kate
What a little fighter. And brave parents--wow!
I've been captured by little Gracie since Kate posted that too! After checking through Kate's link several times a day, I finally just added Gracie to my Reader - I'm on pins and needles for them and even the little ones are praying for her every time they take a nap. What a sweet little baby she is.
Awwww...so sweet and sad. I'm praying for her.
And I also hope you get your last little baby girl someday too.
Love ya Tams!
You are so amazing! So many times I get so wrapped up in my own crazy life, I forget to stop to think about anyone else. Thanks for being such a great example!
What a beautiful little baby. My heart aches for the family. Our prayers are with them!
She's tough, I'm sure of it. What a sweet little girl!!!
Thanks for sharing that! I love reading others' stories, especially faith promoting ones.
[I lurk on your blog occasionally, and love reading it. Besides sharing a name, I ♥ Matchbox Twenty too. Oh and am real life friends with Crazymamaof6 Julie, and the person you got your blog template from. Ok so now we're not strangers anymore : ]
Thanks for the prayers your sending our way. I know how little Gracie's mom feels about how wonderful it is to have strangers pray for your family. Its such a blessing to be a member of this great church and to have the pristhood. Its hard for my heart not to be always full. Thanks again
hugs
Melynda and Mariska
Thank you Tami for letting us know about Gracie. My heart goes out to Kate and I will keep them in my prayers.(Do you think they would like me to put her name in the temple?) Like my daughter, Lynell said, when you read stories like this it surely helps you put life into proper prospective.
Post a Comment