

On Wednesday the 10th of October, Steven's cousin Frank and his wife Kayla had twins, 14 weeks early. The first was Baby Tori Lynn the second, Carter Cort. Weighing in at 1.6 and 1.8 lbs.
The last two days have been hard for me. I have constantly prayed and worried. I've been reminded about how much I love Steven's family. I feel like i've watched this family grow up. I remember when Frank was little. I know that i've only married into this family, but I feel like i've been apart of them for longer than 7 years now...they are my family. They've always made me feel like I was apart of them since I was a little girl. What a blessing it is to be married to Steven and to be apart of the lives of wonderful, wonderful people.
Little Carter isn't expected to live through the day. Tori isn't doing well, either. It is so hard to watch these babies struggle, but I know that they are too special for this Earth. They belong with their Heavenly Father. He loves them so much. He loves Frank and Kayla too...he loves me, he loves the Peterson family.
My heart is heavy...my eyes are wet. My soul is crying in desperation...please let these children live! Let us watch them grow...let us hear them cry and laugh. Let us take them to get ice cream, and to the park. Let us cuddle them in the wee hours of the morning, take their temperatures...wipe their noses. Let us watch them learn to ride their bikes...let us kiss their owies. We want to see them find the love of their lives..and continue on this Peterson legacy.
Alas, I know that this might not happen. My thoughts change to Frank and Kayla. I pray for them...for peace. For the knowledge that families can be together forever through our Heavenly Father's plan. I know that someday we can have the wishes of our heart if we are faithful. What an eye opener the last two days has been, what a heart crusher, such a coming together as family, what a blessing for the last two days to have had angels among us.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Angels among us...
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
1:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of such a heart-wrenching struggle in your family. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. What beautiful little babies! They truly are angels.
You are such a sweet aunt, sister, friend to them all! It is so hard to go through trials like that as a family, but how blessed you are to have each other.
That is so hard. How heartbreaking that is because it will be difficult for them whichever way it goes. When bitty baby was in the hospital I just kept trying to remember that the Lord is in charge and things will be okay, either way. but you always want to hold your babies. It makes me cry just remembering and thinking of your whole family enduring this trial.
Tami I'm so sorry sweetie! I really hope it all turns out alright! I'm thinking of you & your sweet family & praying for those precious babies!!
Take care - Kate
Hey Tami,
I don't know if this will help or not, but our friends had a baby at 17 weeks early almost 6 years ago.
Mahrin is an amazing little miracle. She's beautiful and bright and has a great sense of humor. Although her eyesight is poor(I either have to get down right close to her face or let her feel my face for her to know who I am), in the last year she's learned to walk on her own using crutches and she goes to school. Developmentally she is behind physically, but I really think cognitively she is right on track.
Whenever I see her I am reminded that miracles are happening all around us.
Tami-
I've been thinking about you & your family all weekend. Hope those babies are winning their fight. Let us know.
Post a Comment