Grandpa dancing with JL
My Daddy is my hero. He is such a strong person. I want to be more like him. He is such a good Grandpa. He is a man of faith. A man of conviction.
Whenever he sees JS he says..."Helllloooo Buddy." JS always smiles at him. Whever he sees JT he always says..."Helllooo JT." The boys both love seeing their Grandpa. Jaden's full name is Jaden Terrel. Terrel is my Dad's name. All of his friends call him Terry. We wanted to always remember the goodness that my Dad brings to our lives by naming our son after him.
He is a lot like his Father...they have to repeat the same old jokes over and over again. Grandpa would always say things on a nice sunny day like, "Drive safely, it's slick out there." Likewise, my Dad says things to my kids all the time like, "Hey JL, wanna know a secret?" To which she will smile (because she knows what's coming) and bring her ear to his lips. He will whisper, "Your Grandpa loves you." And she always giggles.
I wish I could be more like him. Loving, caring, sweet, thoughtful....fun. I love him so much!!!
Tonight I wanted to write a happy post, since the last two haven't been so. The first happy thought I had was of my Dad.
Another happy thought I had was that little Tori is at Primary Children's hospital. She is getting better care, and will have heart surgery tomorrow. What a blessing! My friend Cris informed me that when Primary Children's Med Center was rededicated, in the dedicatory prayer it was said that angels are assigned to each baby in the care of the hospital. This gave me goosebumps. I am so happy tonight for all the blessings in my life. Mostly my Steven and my three little angels that sleep in a tiny room in the back of our apartment. I could not ask for more...
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Terrel
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
10:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
I haven't commented on your posts lately because I just don't know what to say. I have been the griever first hand before and I know there really is nothing to say. Your posts bring tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat and I am praying for your whole family. I am so sorry for your loss, and am grateful that little Tori is hanging on. What a blessing those two little spirit's are. It sounds like you have a wonderful family, you are very lucky!
Love and hugs...
~Steph
Tami-
You're such a sweetheart. & from what I do know about you, I think you are like your Dad. Maybe not the repeating the same jokes over & over, but the kind things you said sound like you to me!
You're the best & I'm so glad to hear about the angels watching over all those sweet babies, including Princess Tori!
Love ya & you're in my thoughts & prayers! - Kate
That is amazing, about the angels assigned to each child at the hospital. I can only hope that angels are assigned to each child everywhere. That melted my heart--thanks for a good moment.
What a sweet tribute to your dad!
And wow--it physically HURTS to think of surgery on such a teensy, tiny heart. God be with you & your family. Has little Tori gotten a blessing?
Hey! I just noticed your blog has a new look! I love it.
Steph-
Thanks for your kind comments. We're doing really well. I am grateful for all of you that have commented!!! Life is rough, but it is also very good.
Kate-
Thank You for saying i'm like my Daddy...that would make my day. I really love him.
Crystal-
I know...it's awesome about the angels! Tori is an angel too...can you imagine working in the NICU surrounded by all those angels all day? Yes, Tori was given a name and a blessing last Friday morning. Carter was given his on Thursday...well, actually it was Friday morning at around midnight. That was a very special time to be in the NICU.
I loved the story about angels being there. I believe it too! When I die I hope I get the assignment to take care and comfor the little babies!
My little Will had an overnighter there last year, and I was really impressed with that hospital. I am not anxious to have to return anytime soon though--knock on wood for healthy kids.
Little baby heart surgery breaks my heart!
I'm with Steph. It's hard to know what to say. Everything I think of sounds wrong or like it's not enough or too much...
I'm glad your dad is so great...what a nice tribute to him. If he doesn't read your blog (I found out a week ago that mine is part of my dad's morning ritual when he checks to see if I've updated!), someone should send him an anonymous message to read it today. I volunteer!
What an AWESOME Dad. You are so fortunate to have a great Dad like that in your life and in the lives of your children!
I'll be keeping little Tori and her family in my prayers! I've been thinking alot about you and those sweet babies.
You are so cute! I thought I clicked on the wrong blog because you completely changed it! It looks nice, I like it. You have a great family! Your kids are adorable and you have lots to be grateful for. I'm grateful for angels also.
Post a Comment