Monday, October 15, 2007

updates...

Teeny Tiny Toes...

On Saturday morning approximately 2:38, our little prince Carter passed away in the arms of his Mother. We all sat and cried, and held him. His little spirit is no longer in his body, but is comforting his Mother. He will forever be in our hearts, and we will not forget him and his valiant struggle to stay here on this Earth. I'm sure he knew what a wonderful family he had been born into, and that's why he wanted to stay. This little boy was obedient when his Father in Heaven called him back home. I'm sure he knew of the blessings that would come to our family in the days, weeks and years to come. What an amazing spirit this little boy has. I feel honored and blessed to have been in the same room with him to feel his spirit and his love.
Sweet little Tori is fighting to stay here as well. I'm sure she also knows what a wonderful family she has come to. What a loving Mom and Dad, along with Grandmas and Grandpas, Aunts and Uncles...she's fighting really hard to stay with them. We all want her to continue to fight, but if our Heavenly Father calls her home also, we know she will be obedient like her brother. She can hold onto your finger with a tight grip. My Great Grandmother always said that a tight grip always means that you have a strong testimony. I'm sure Tori is very aware of the other side and the plan of our Heavenly Father...I know because of her tight grip! She raises her hand high above her and her Mother puts her finger in her hand and little Tori brings her Mother's hand to her chest.
What a bitter sweet time this has been. Our family has come together, and i've seen more service in the last 5 days than ever before in my life. It is such an honor to be counted among these Peterson women, and I am eternally grateful.

8 comments:

Supercool Mom said...

Here's some hope, there was a little girl next to Bitty Baby in the NICU, she was 1 lb 1oz at birth, stayed for over 80 days, but she's home and healthy now.

And another little girl from school weighed only 12 oz at birth, is now 15 years old and only has some hearing loss and slight learning disabilities, but is beautiful, healthy, and happy and loved! (and think how far technology has come in 15 years!)

crystal said...

You write so sweetly about such a hard, emotional time. I DID cry over little Carter--what a darling boy. It's uplifting to hear how this has strengthened your already strong testimony. I hope all goes well with tiny Tori in the next little while.

Sending love your way,
Crystal

Wendi said...

What a hard post to read! I'm so sorry for this trial you guys are having to go through right now. I am so amazed at your strength and perspective. You are truly an amazing person. Mature beyond years.

KATE said...

I can't seem to stop the flow of tears. What a sweet sweet baby boy & precious little spirit! I'm praying for little Tori & for your amazing family! Thank you for sharing this bitter sweet moment in your lives!
Hugs to you! - Kate

Unknown said...

Keep praying and supporting them, you are a good cousin. Tori is a fighter. Have hope! Kiss your cute kids for me!

Anonymous said...

hi tami:
my first time here. hello.
thanks for stopping by my blog tonight. so sorry to read of your loss here. blessings to you and your loved one, kathleen

ps. maybe it might be helpful to read my post on 04jun2007. i hope you come back to my blog again. take care

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh poor sweet family! such a tiny baby and a huge loss. isn't it great to know the plan of salvations and that his parents and your whole family can still find peace at such a hard time. my thoughts are with you!
HUGS, Julie

Cecily R said...

Hey Tami,

I've always heard that premature girls are fighters. Tori's tough!

Thanks for the e-mail. Let me know if there is anything I can do for your family. I was serious about the funeral. Give me a call when you know what's happening.

Prayers and hugs.