
Friday afternoon JS got his cast! He was really excited to pick out the color. He went with Ninja Turtle green. Oh, i'm so surprised. We arrived at the doctor's office thinking that he would only be in a half arm cast because it was just a bow fracture. However, when we got there, they had reviewed his x-ray and found that not just one bone was broken, but two. They ended up putting him in a full arm cast. He is actually doing really well with it. He whines sometimes when it hurts, but he's doing really well.
Friday night, we went to Grandma house to practice two songs that the kids sang at little Carter's graveside service. The kids sang "Families can be together forever" and "I am a child of God". It was really good. They were all so cute. I was proud of them. The graveside was really good. Uncle Bart gave a really good talk where he expressed his love for his kids, and told them how much he hurt for them, just like they are hurting for little Carter. He also bore his testimony of the plan of salvation.
When I came home, I had a PACKAGE!!! I was so excited! Wendi (dancing queen) sent me some GOOD MAIL!!! It was perfect timing. I was feeling sad, and disappointed, and then...there was a good friend who knew I needed something good to happen. It had life savers in it, and a girly girl mix of awesome songs along with a really nice note for me. I was so happy!! One of the girly girl songs is a new song by a girl named Colbie called Bubbly. It's so funny that she put that song on there, I have heard it several times and thought about little Carter every time i've heard it. We listened to the CD all weekend.
We drove to Beaver, UT to see Steven's Mom and Dad this weekend. The boys all went hunting and the girls stayed home and rested. It was really relaxing, and exactly what our little family needed. We got home late last night, and i'm glad to be home.
Little Tori is doing really well!! She had a central line put in on Saturday, and seems to be doing better. She is still fighting her battle real hard, but we are grateful for the time we have spent with her. She's such a special spirit. Thank You to everyone for your advice, prayers, and stories of hope that you've sent. I love having blogging friends!!
Now if I could just get JS to stop climbing up on things and jumping off, everything will be okay...
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Better days
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




11 comments:
yay! well sounds like things are looking up! casts are so cool and i save my son's he likes to take it for show and tell sometimes. it was huge back then but now it is so tiny,
awesome you got some good mail! and it came at a great time! that is fabulous! yay for baby Tori! and the children singing at Carter's funeral was I'm sure so sweet! glad things are looking up, you sound like you are coping well with all that is going on! So way to go on that!!
Isn't "Bubbly" the happiest song. It makes me smile. It's my ringtone on my phone.
I'm so glad he's doing better!
You're too cute Tami! thanks for sharing all your sweet family stuff. I love reading your posts!
I still cry every time I think of sweet Carter & princess Tori. I'm so glad that she's doing better. & streaming tears thinking of those sweet kids singing those songs for Carter! So tender!
I'm not usually so weepy, but I can't turn it off, thinking about your sweet family & those beautiful babies!
I'm glad things are looking up for you and yours. That graveside couldn't have been easy, little voices singing always bring me to tears. I'm glad you have a close family.
Cool green cast!
~Steph
Gracie is still talking about her "new friend...what's her name again?" She never remembers names. Way too much like her dad on that one!
We might field trip to The Pumpkin Man on friday at noon. Can you come?
possibly...
If i'm invited...
I'm not as cool as you, you know.
Tami
Ahhhhhhh! Great pics!
I am sending happy thoughts out to you and your family. I've just read the last few posts. your extended family and you have sure had some chalenges of late. my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Thanks for checkin out the vac video.
Just checking in- I'm so glad little Tori is still in there fighting1 Are you coming to the cage fight?
Oh yeah...i'll be there will bells on...
Tami, you have been tagged!
Rules:
Link to the person who tagged you; Share 7 random facts about yourself; Tag 7 other blogg friends & leave them a comment on their blog with the rules.
I CAN'T WAIT to see ya on Friday. Pumpkin man here we come!! Woo Hoo!
Post a Comment