Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm not gonna cry...nope not gonna do it.

the splint...

Yesterday wasn't a bad day. It was just rough. And long. And tiring. And frustrating.
So I was excited to go to Salt Lake to see little Tori at Primary Chilren's. I sent JL and JS to the Primary President's house to play and just took JT with me. While I was there, we had a problem, and I wasn't able to see Tori. They had to take Kayla to the emergency room. Of course I was fine with that, there was nothing I could do about it.
I got a phone call from the Primary Pres. She said, "I have a little boy here who fell off the swingset, and only wants his Mommy." I talked to JS and told him that he was probably just really tired and that I would be home soon. He said, "Mom, Ninja Turtles are tough, but this really hurts." So I left. I was stuck in traffic for 2 hours with a crying JT who only wanted milk in his bottle and a nap. He didn't fall asleep, and by the time I got to Layton, I decided to stop at Grandma's house and grab some milk. I then realized that I didn't change JT before we left the hospital, and that our 2 hours spent in Salt Lake traffic probably wasn't good for his diaper. I got him out of the car, and he was soaked. I got him inside to change him and feed him, while the only thing making him happy was my cell phone. Yes, this was a bad idea, but I felt bad that he was crying so much. Well, he decided that my phone looked like a football, and tossed it to the floor. ...right before it died, I got a text message that i'm sure was from Aunt Carrie. I don't know what she needed or what's going on with Kayla or Tori, because the phone is broken. Well, I drive home to find Steven holding JS. I notice that JS isn't using his arm. Yup, my phone isn't the only thing that's broken. So I took him to the doctor, and our suspicions were confirmed. JS will be in a splint until tomorrow because his arm is swollen, and tomorrow they will put him in a cast.
I went to bed before anything else could go wrong.

11 comments:

Wendi said...

Oh honey! Stay in that bed and hide! You poor thing. Keep hanging on over there at your house. Email me your address, I want to send you some good mail, brianwend@msn.com.

crystal said...

Good call on the going to bed.

What a lousy day! Poor friend. Let us know how Tori & Kayla are doing. Here's a hug. (HUG)

It all began here said...

Tami,
Do you need your Aunt Debbie? I will give you a hug!

Love You!

Supercool Mom said...

Poor little guy, poor Tami! Nothing like a trip to the Dr./Emergency room to really make your day. Hope it got better today!

Cecily R said...

I'm glad you documented your day. A few years from now you might not remember it all and now you can read it and think, "Holy COW! I made it through that day! I am stunningly awewsome!"

And you are!

KATE said...

I'm with Crystal, I just want to give ya a huge hug. (& I'm not a hugger!! ha ha) I'm so so sorry! He'll think it's so cool when he gets to pick some crazy obnoxious color for his cast! Yay for that!

I was going to put "baby Tori" on the prayer list at the temple. I hope you don't mind & I'm sure someone already did, but I will too!

Take care sweetie, Kate

I completely agree with Cecily, you are Stunningly Awesome!

Steph said...

My baby broke her arm last summer when she was 2 and a half. It's sad, but she loved picking the color for the cast and afterwards, she didn't even notice it much. (We did when she bonked us on the head or scraped us with it though!)
You are awesome and I hope for better days to come for you! Hope Baby Tori is doing OK, and Kayla as well.
Hugs and Loves,
~Steph

Cecily R said...

How are you doing? I tried calling you today but I think you are screening my calls. :)

crystal said...

Yay! You commented today! That means you are alive! I've been wondering.

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh my gosh! that is all so hard! hope it is going better!

Michelle said...

Man I think I would go to bed and not want to get up for a few days. That just sounded like a rough day. Hope you little man feels better soon.

btw found your blog from crystal and dancin queen.