Saturday, November 17, 2007

broken bones and playing dress up



JS got his long cast off yesterday, and got his short cast on. Of course you can see he stayed with the Ninja Turtle green. I tried to get him to pick a different color, but he refused. He was so excited that he can cover both of his ears now. Ah, the little things. There was one day, JS was eating chocolate ice cream, and he had some on his fingers...and he couldn't reach his mouth with his cast on...it was actually quite hillarious to watch him trying so hard to get that chocolate..I totally understand how he feels.
I'm grateful that the stinky long cast is off...whew! It was so dirty. I love having little boys, but they sure are dirty.
On the other hand, I have a little girl who is so clean, and anti-dirt. She wants a sister so badly. Everyday I watch my cousins boys...and JL decided to dress Kaden and JT in princess dresses and tiaras. These were the best pictures I could get. JS was so mad that JT and Kaden were dressed up. He was just discusted. He kept begging me to make her take them off, but it was so funny that I couldn't bring myself to do it...plus I was having wayyyy too much fun taking pictures for future events such as their weddings...LOL
JL dressed them up,taught them to dance, and had a tea party. They were all so cute sitting there really trying to drink their pretend tea. It was great!
Ahhh...you've gotta love the everyday adventures of these kids...and all the little things..



9 comments:

bestofthebishops said...

Tami!
these pictures are so great! your boys are going to hate the moment you break these out to show girlfriends. funny! you have the cutest stinkin' kids ever. do you remember when kevin and i were having a hard time getting pregnant and i asked you and steve if you could just have a baby for us---i was serious! i love your kids! i even got a hug from janie when i was leaving the luncheon today. she is beautiful and that haircut is adorable!!
love ya,
amy

KATE said...

I just can't tell you how much I love when the little boys dress up. It's so stinking funny! & I'm the same I love getting those "this is definitely going in the Wedding Video" pictures! How fun!!!
Cute cute kids!!
- Kate

Matchbox Mom said...

Amy- you want a six year old tonight? She is soooo drama tonight. Actually, i'll give you a 4 year old too...ahhh!!! I'm keeping Jaden and Cohen tho.

Kate- I know...I can't wait to show their girlfriends and their friends! I'm such a mean Mommy...LOL

SuperCoolMom said...

So cute! It looks like she found some pretty patient substitutes for a sister anyway. I bet he feels a million tons lighter with the small cast!

KATE said...

Tami-
So, funny! I just went thru an old scrapbook & found the page I'm saving for my cute little sister in law. When she was 8 (Scott & I had just gotten married) we bought her matching little Ariel undies with a little bra & had her try them on for us & I've been saving that picture for 10 years just for a wedding video!!!
I have pics of my kids just the same. I have Sammy at a Dance Competition with my neices red Daphne from Scooby Doo wig on! How funny!!!
When I get my life together I SWEAR I'm going to do a whole scrapbook on "future wedding video" material! ha ha ha

Cecily R said...

Gracie isn't anti-dirt (as evidenced by her nasty feet), but if she gets one drop of water on her clothes she strips in about two seconds flat.

Yay for no more long cast!! I love the pictures! What a cute cousin Janie is!

Steph said...

How cute! I love that they let her, and that she gets to pretend that she has sisters...at least for a minute! :)
Blackmail pictures! Ha!

Cecily R said...

I just realized we have the same couch down stairs in our TV room!

I bet yours doesn't have awesome seat cusions because your husband tried to vacuum it with the floor vacuum, not the hand tool, and it started to smoke and made holes...mine does. Are you jealous?

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I'm loving the dress-up! EmmaLece does this to Scott all the time! He also gets his nails painted {which buggs the Dad! :D}