Ok Ok Ok...everyone knows that I love MB20. It's just kind of becomes obsessive when your children realize who the lead singer is...and who plays the drums. We can be driving and JS will say, "This is Matchbox Twenty..." And JL will say..."No, JS this is Rob Thomas...it's a different CD." Yeah, pretty sad. I think they know more Matchbox songs than nursery rhymes. Oh boy...someone help me...
Tonight JL came to me with the magna-doodle. She has learned all of her letters and sounds, which I am so excited about. Tonight she brought me her first real long word that she's figured out...
<
If you look closely, she's figured out how to write Matchbox 50. It's close...she was trying to write a 20, but it came out backwards! She's too cute, and I can't say that i'm not proud. I had to call my Matchbox Buddies and let them know what she did. They were all real proud too...ahhh...little Matchsticks in the making...
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Matchbox Twenty
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




19 comments:
You nerd! I knew immediately what she'd written, before I read your post. She is SO cute! How old is she?
I love her experssion in the last photo!
Good thing you recorded her first long word by herself, you will remember it forever!
Isn't it funny how our obsessions become our children's obsessions?
Cool! Matchbox family! Wow!
That's so fun!
Crystal-
She just turned 6 last month...but she's going on 16. Love her!
We were watching VH1 last night and one of their video's came on and I totally thought of you. They do have good music. That is too cute about your daughter.
My two year old knows the words to Big Girls Don't Cry. Whenever my phone rings he starts to sing it.
Oh my Tami- That is so funny! What a cute girl!
My kids are the same. I'm IN LOVE with Toby Keith. (He could be my Daddy anytime!!)
But, my kids can tell me all about his songs. HOw funny!
I love that Matchbox 50 was her first written accomplishment!! So perfect!!
I'd like to dedicate this to you...not that I want to hold you, it's just one of my favorite RT songs. :)
Just let me hold you while you're falling apart
Just let me hold you and we'll both fall down
Fall on me
Tell me everything you want me to be
Forever with you forever in me
Ever the same
Oh, and Gracie's 2s are frequently upside down 5s. Why is that?
He He that's too funny! It's all good at least they'll have an ear for good music! I miss my boyfriend! Tell him HI for me! I found your blog through Emily J's blog! I'm one of those blog stalkers you know! Well i'm glad that i'll be able to see cute pics of your fam and hear all the funny things you have to say! Ours in laytonlovin.blogspot!
Melanie
Cec...that's a Rob Thomas song...not Matchbox..I love ya, but you've got to know the truth.
Tam
That is so cute!!! My oldest son's first note that he wrote in Kindergarten was to a very cute girl. He wrote "yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, SEX, yes, yes, yes", her answer on the back was "no, no, no, SEX, no, no, no, no, no". His teacher saved that little treasure for us, and I keep it under lock and key for some special day.
I SAID RT (Rob Thomas) in my comment! You and I have discussed the fact that I'm a bigger Rob fan than a 20 fan...
Be nice to me. I know my Rob Thomas songs. :)
ok ok...sorry Cec..
I conseed...I nub you...forgive me? Still love me?
'We're just too cool to get busted.'
Tami
Always!!! Still feelin' the love. :)
Right now there are several MB20 AND RT songs stuck in my head criss crossing all over the place. I'm very confused.
P.S. Sorry about my abbreviations. Feeding Evie and typing at the same time...
That's so cute! It reminds me of my daughter and the Red Sox. She's only 2 and can recognize some of the players.
Natalie,
My son named his dinosaur Big Poppy...so we're with ya! It's so funny...LOL
Tami
Tam-
I hope you're doing better today. I've been thinking of you. :)
-Crystal
Love it!
She's so proud.
Love that face! She is a bucket of fun I can tell! She is adorable!
I first started paying attn when he sang a song with Santana, that was it for me...my son recently recorded some music videos for me on Fuse channel - their song "How far we've come" is in there & I agree, they are addictive!
Love that voice!
Post a Comment