Sunday, November 25, 2007

Putting up the Christmas Tree




YAY!! It's Christmas time! I love love love it! We are so blessed, and i'm so grateful!
One of my favorite things to do at Christmas is put up the tree. I turn on Christmas music, and have hot chocolate and yell at the kids to stop touching the freaking ornaments! Yes, I get frustrated while putting up the tree. It's annoying when you've already said at least 500 times not to touch the ornaments and the kids still continue to touch all the hall decking festiveness. Oh well, at least I have 3healthy kids to help me put up the tree. Someday i'm going to put it up all by myself, and i'm sure that i'll miss telling the kids to stop being so darn excited, and leave stuff alone.
Oh, and here's a random picture of my only (thank goodness) brother. I love him so much! He's such a good Uncle to my babies! JT absoloutely adores him. He's one of those kids that is just making you laugh all the time. This time of year always makes me remember how much I love the kids and my other family members. I am so blessed with so much..***Mental note to self..*** Remember how much you love them next year before you put up the tree...

14 comments:

crystal said...

Ha ha! You're a scene straight outta "A Christmas Story."

Wendi said...

=) I am the exact opposite. I let my kids put the tree up all by themselves. Seriously. I didn't do a single ornament myself this year. I probably don't care enough!

KATE said...

You are so funny! I LOVE it!! I love that you admit to it bothering you. I totally get that they are so stinking cute, but seriously STOP touching!! ha ha. I'm totally the SAME! I love doing the decorations & I'm always telling them to get away & stop! how funny!! I love ya!!
Your tree looks great! How fun!!

Cecily R said...

I get frusterated AFTER the tree is up because Gracie keeps rearranging the thing. It makes me NUTS. Everyday it is completely changed. I thought this year would be different because, you know, she's a big kindergartener, but nope. It's been up less than a day and it's been redecorated three times already. ARRRRRGGGG!

Unknown said...

I agree 100%!!!!!! Cute pics. Sorry I haven't put up any lately. Don't get mad =).....I promise I will sometime!

Kellan said...

Cute - you are funny! I love the tree and love seeing (your) kids helping with the decorating. Take care, Kellan

Tiffany said...

ok cute pics. of course it doesn't hurt to have the 3 most adorable kids in all the world in them:) and i must say, scary pic of "b". holy crap, not one of his best:) don't tell him i said that. and "b" if you read this and see it, i love you! and when it comes to putting up the tree, you are so much like mom that's scary:)

emily said...

Hey Tami!

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi on my blog! Sounds like your house is about as crazy as mine . . with 3 little ones!

Steph said...

Cute cute cute! I am always barking at them to stop touching too. This year I tried just letting them put the ornaments on (except the fragile and special ones) and see how it goes...it went pretty well! I had to move a few, and they clumped some in spots, but all in all, I think they did a pretty good job! I just got sick of the hands in my face waiting for another ornament!
Your tree looks great! My pics will be up tomorrow I think. ;)

Cynthia said...

Great lookin' tree!

bestofthebishops said...

oh i love putting up christmas trees. it looks like you all had a great time!! can't wait to see you at the family party on the 22nd. what talent will you be sharing?!
love ya!

Natalie said...

I bet they have so much fun helping put up the tree! My kids are still too young for that...but my tree is up and I have to keep telling Kenzie to stop touching it. I'm so scared she's going to make it tip over. LOL!

Holly said...

I totally understand the tree decorating stress compounded by several little eager apprentice decorators. Glad you made it through--tree intact!

I usually let A. decorate the bottom rows that she can reach and I have to resist the urge to "fix" them later. :)

Cody & Melanie said...

You definitely do have the cutest children in the world! I love Christmas time and those kids love their mommy! They'll always remember silly things like that! And they'll always enjoy putting up the tree with the fam! Tell josh sorry I kiss my husband!! I hope he understands!! Then give a big fat kiss for me!! Love ya!