Sunday, November 18, 2007

Seventh inning stretch...


Woo Hoo!!! Today is our 7 year anniversary!!! Can you believe that Steven has put up with me for that long? I can't either.
Seven years ago today, Steven came to my Mom's home to pick me up and take me to the temple. The look on his face when I opened the door was sheer panic! I pointed my finger at him and said, "Don't!". He looked at me puzzled, and I said, "You're looking like you're gonna back out". He laughed, I grabbed my veil and dress, and we were off!
I'm not gonna lie...it was cold that day. In all of our pictures my nose is red, but my smile is so big! I couldn't have been happier to be 'Mrs. Steven Douglas Peterson'. I know, cheesy huh. I still like to call myself that from time to time.
We had a perfect reception (thanks Mom). It was so beautiful, and it was everything I ever dreamed of....and more. I had a cinderella pumpkin coach that held all of my presents, and ice cicle lights everywhere...our backdrop was perfect, and so was the groom. My cake was just exactly how I imagined it. Steven wanted hunter orange and camoflauge to be our colors...LOL. My Mom suprised Steven with a groom's cake that had a fisherman, hunter, and pine trees. It was hunter orange. I'll never forget that he actually cried when he saw it. He couldn't believe that someone could be that thoughtful...well, that's my Mom for ya. To this day, Steven says that he and my Mom were a match made in heaven because she's a giver and he's a reciever. He loves the gifts that my Mom gives to him.
Thank You, Steven...for picking me and sticking with me through all of the hard times that we've endured together. Thank You for listening, for loving, for your patience, your faith, and most of all for the three beautiful children that we've brought to this family. I love you.
The years have been good to us, we have certainly been blessed. It has been a long road, but we still have a long ways to go, and I can't wait! I'm so excited to spend forever with my best friend. It's gonna be a good time.

20 comments:

Kami said...

You got married 2 months after I did! It was great to get married in 2000 because it makes the years easy to remember for the brain dead like me. Congrats and have a fun day. (Watch out for that seven year itch :)

Natalie said...

Awwww...Happy Anniversary!

KATE said...

Happy Anniversary! How fun! You look so gorgeous, in both pictures!
What a beautiful bride!
We just had our 10 year anniversary & it feels like it was just yesterday. Then again, somedays it already feels like an eternity. Ha ha ha!!
- Kate

Kellan said...

"It's gonna be a good time" - Congratulations!! Our 23rd was yesterday! Way to go and I wish for you and your husband many, many more happy years together. Take care and see you soon. Kellan

Cecily R said...

Congratulations!! What a fabulous couple you are!! You guys are awesome.

By the way, don't believe anyone when they say stuff about the seven year itch. Jon and I had a great seventh year!

SuperCoolMom said...

What a great story. I was choking up over the groom's cake story. Way to score points with the Son in Law Mom!

kim said...

Congratulations!

He's lucky to have you and be loved so much.

Steph said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I think it's so cool that we share an anniversary! I hope your's was great! Mine was!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! When he's your best friend, you can't go wrong. What a beautiful family you have! Great photo!

Laurie said...

Congrats! 11/18 is our anniversary too- although the year we got married it was warm- much like it is this year. Happy Anniversary!

crystal said...

What a darling post! You made me teary-eyed. Your wedding gown is gorgeous--and so are YOU! Then AND now.

And Cecily's right: itch, schmitch. Well, maybe a naughty itch...waggle, waggle.

Michelle said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I remember our 7th year and it was wonderful. You guys look like a great couple.

Yeah, I've heard of the 7 year itch and I've heard that there is a 10 year itch. Hmmm, not for us! 11 years and going strong.

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Cody & Melanie said...

Lucky # 7!! Happy Anniversary! I loved this post! You and Steve are the cutest couple i know! Your family is so great! I love your kids! ALL BECAUSE TWO PEOPLE FELL IN LOVE huh!!

Toni said...

Happy Anniversary!

I just stumbled across your blog and I will be back!

Enjoy your special day...

Wendi said...

Happy Anniversary! You have such a beautiful family. Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful!

Wendi said...

Forgot to say how much I loved that cake story. So sweet.

Holly said...

Happy Anniversary Tami!! That was a sweet post. Very thoughtful of your mom to incorporate hunter orange into your reception. So nice to see both pics, you two beginning and now with your children. Nice!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

AAAWWWW! Congrats {several days late ... hope it was a happy!} Love the pictures in frot of the SLC Temple.

Kjerstin said...

I found your blog through Karri's (and I think you commented on mine a while back). Are those the big doors at the SL temple? I'm pretty sure we have some pictures that are exactly like that (except ours was 11 years ago and it was August and HOT instead of cold like yours!). I love how you went back with your kids, we'll have to do that someday! It's fun to read your blog! By the way, LOVE Rob Thomas (not as much as you, or your kids, but I still like him!).