...Calls me to remind me to vote tomorrow...i'm gonna FREAK! Seriously...I know that it's good to be reminded, especially for people like myself. I'm kind of brain-dead. I know that, my family knows that, my friends know that...but did someone inform the government of that?
I have recieved 5, no really, 5 phone calls today reminding me to vote for this bill and that bill...and who to vote for, and "Can I ask you how you're going to vote?" NO YOU MAY NOT!!! That is no one's business! GRRR...
I know what tomorrow is. I know that it's voting day. I've seen the billion flyers and signs in people's yards. Yesterday I had 4 differernt mailers come to my house telling me who to vote for. Don't worry, i've been really excited all year long for the stupid sticker that you are going to give me when I take time out of my busy day to come vote. Why stickers? Are we five years old? I'll tell you what will make people vote...DOUGHNUTS. Doughnuts will make people vote, not phone calls and stickers. I don't want a stupid sticker. You'll get more people to vote with stickers that have doughnuts on them that tell people where to get their free doughnut. I don't want a pencil that says, "I VOTED". No one cares if you voted, don't put it on a pencil. If you choose to vote, GREAT! If not, please don't think that i'm going to strike you down, and put "I HATE YOU" banners in your yard. I DON'T CARE! The people that call me act like they're going to put a friggin pipe bomb in my mail box if I don't vote. I can't wait until next week when the news gets back to the WAR WE ARE FIGHTING...and all of the hype for referendum 1 goes away. If I see one more commercial...It's annoying to say the least! Oh well. I can't wait til tomorrow to put that sticker on my shirt!!
On Wednesday I am going to toast my Diet Coke and doughnut to the day-after-sticker-day. WOO HOO!
Monday, November 5, 2007
If one more person...
Posted by
Matchbox Mom
at
2:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




20 comments:
Wow, now I'm feeling left out. No one has called to remind me. Maybe they know I'm going to vote against them. Maybe it's because there's nothing big happening here - the biggest thing we have to vote on is whether or not to let a WavePool come to Mesa. Now that's serious politics.
Oh yeah, that sounds very very important!
hehehe!
Hey BTW...I need you to email me your email addy so I can email you my home addy like you asked.
Did that make sense?
I hear you!! I have gotten SO many phone calls doing political surveys. YES! I plan to vote, NO I'm not telling you for who. On the fence about referandum 1, guess I'll flip a coin. Honestly I'm tired of all the commercials that just get me even more confussed. ARRR!! It will be great when it's all over.
I'm with you on the doughnuts. Great idea!
Michelle-
I have to admit that i'm confused on what to vote for ref 1. I feel good about both choices. In our area I feel that it would be a good thing for the kids because education here is awful. The schools are bad, have bad test scores, and mostly speak spanish. (I am not racist...no one email me). I don't think my daughter can effectively learn when 90% of the school only speaks spanish. The teacher has to stop every 30 seconds to tell the spanish students what's going on. That takes a lot of time when they're only in school for about two hours forty minutes. On the other hand, I see that it would take away from some of the other schools that don't have this problem. So maybe i'll flip a coin like you said!
This is why I love having an unlisted cell phone! Woo Hoo!
I am SO against Ref 1 but I doubt you are looking for my opinion. Frankly I am really nervous that it's going to pass.
Oh, and when I was 18, I did those surveys and it was AWFUL. Be nice to them when you say no. They really are just trying to do their annoying job right in the middle of dinner time in peace.
Cec-
Right in the middle of dinnertime? Tee hee!!!
I think you wrote that comment in the middle of dinnertime...hehe!!!
Tams
I'm feeling out of it...I didn't realize there was voting tomorrow! LOL! But I live in the boonies, no one knows what's going on here, we're years behind everywhere else anyway. But I agree...doughnuts!!!!! I'd vote if they gave me one. (Not that I don't go vote when I realize there's an election going on or initiatives, etc. because I do, but...you know what I mean...foot in mouth) LOL!
Natalie,
I wish I lived in the boonies...
My husband is from the boonies, does that count?
Rock on! I'll be toasting mine to that too!
I hate all this crap, it's ridickerous!!
love ya!!
Here, Here!!!
I have only had three calls, guess you are a more important voice than me! Ha Ha!
I second the doughnuts thing! Yes, I believe they would get double the voters coming in if they gave doughnuts out!
We're supposed to vote for what?
We have voting sign all over the place today.
I'm blog hopping and found your blog. Very funny post! I agree doughnuts would make more people vote. I haven't gotten any phone calls. I'm on the national registry. Ever since I signed up I haven't gotten any more annoying phone calls. It's great.
We are getting nothin' I must be somewhere no one cares about...
k
Seriously just got another phone call...GRRRR.
I know what you mean - I have gotten calls for days from this Congressman and that Congressman and I keep hearing it all over the news. I'll raise my iced-tea in a toast with ya! See ya.
I too am sick of all the phone calls. I did go vote today, and have 2 phone calls about it since.
I am totally FOR Ref. 1 but I don't think there is any chance it will pass. If you want to know why I'm for it I have a TON of info about it.
Wow, you got quite the response on this last blog:) I agree though, my phone has been ringing off the hook-I just tell them I'm undecided so they will hang up. By the way, loved seeing you on Halloween. We need to get together more often!
Thinking of you today after I got my sticker. =)
Oh, and what's with this toasting your diet Coke? Yicks. Diet Pepsi ladies, is the only way to toast.
Cec,
I'm not gonna fight with you...altho if I did, I would put money on me...
Tami
Post a Comment