Monday, November 12, 2007

Thanks Julie...

Julie tagged me for a meme...and by popular demand (thanks Cris and Brit) I'll do another one. I'll try to make this one more interesting than my last one...

Six things that you might not know about me...

1. I was a track star in Junior High...LOL!!! I was hardly a star. I lost every race I ran. I remember running the mile and almost being lapped, as I ran past the stands my Mom was yelling, "Hurry up, Tam! Just pretend like there's a big dog chasing you!!!" I don't remember if the girl lapped me or not, but it's just funny to think about now! Oh! I did win 3rd in my heat once! Does that count for something?
I did have really nice legs back then tho...WOO HOO!

2. I am obsessed with Prison Break. I love Wentworth Miller. Every Monday I tape (no I don't have TIVO...you can feel sorry for me now) Prison Break and my sister Traci comes over and we watch it after the kids are in bed. She and her new Hubby come over together now because we've got him hooked now, also. I'm gonna freak out tonight if they don't get their butts out of Sona...such stress...

3. My friends are like family to me. I would do anything for my friends. I would get out of bed at 3am to go help them in a heartbeat. Just like my family, I pray for them, I cry for them, I laugh with them, I hurt when they hurt. I'm just so darn empathetic!!! They also would do anything for me, I know it.

4. I LOVE ROB THOMAS!!I know that i've mentioned this one before...but truly, I love him. He is just so down to earth and kind. He is such a fun performer! I could watch him all day long. Can I hear a WOO HOO for the tour 2008?!!!! Matchbox Twenty in SLC on March 6!!! Can't wait, can't wait!!!

5. Heee Hee...um I was preggo 2 months after I was married. Can you say uh oh!? I can't say that I wasn't excited, but I was scared to death. Looking back on it, I wouldn't do it any different. She is my bestest friend, and I couldn't live without her. Little JS came 25 months later...and JT almost 3 years after JS. And, we're done. I get really sick when i'm preggo, and almost lost JT last time. The doctors recommended that I have a tubal ligation, so I did a year ago...woo hoo for no more birth control!

6. I married my best friend's brother. Some people have actually told me how mean I am because i've done this. "It's just so rude". Hmmm...never thought of it like that. I was just in love and so was he. I am sure that his sister doesn't have a problem with it...we've discussed it. We were Elementary School friends turned Sister-in-laws. It's great! I am her girls' Aunt, and she is my kids' Aunt. And we're the BEST AUNTS ever! We still talk a lot about all the fun times we had together crying in her bed because we were going to Junior High, and leaving Elementary. Also the times we 'compared chests'...LOL in the mirror. I've still gotcha Heidi! LOL I am glad to have such a good friend that is now my sister.

Ok...there you go. There's some random facts about me. Maybe next time, it will be more interesting. I love you Julie! You're too cute!

27 comments:

Cecily R said...

I was never, never NEVER a track star. I was a track star's sister and a track star's wife, but never have I graced the track as part of an official team. Even though I love running and really miss it, I really stink at it. You so would have lapped me.

Prison Break makes me too tense. WM is hot, but I stress too much watching shows like that.

Oh, and I WOULD do most anything for you by the way. That is, I get to be counted among your friends.

Matchbox Mom said...

um, Hello!!! You are one of my friends!!! Don't be silly. I really would do anything for ya! I told you I would run to the store for you the other day, and I WASN'T kidding!!! LOL

Tami

Cynthia said...

Hey, I just did that meme...I was a track star and forgot to mention it! You have a lovely award on my blog BTW, stop by and check it out!

crystal said...

That's right, I'm NOT a floozy. I'm a harlot! heehee

Matchbox Mom said...

ok...we're definately separated at birth then Miss Crystal...LOL

Lindsay said...

Tami-

You will love Jonny. I am seriously so excited for you to meet him. When you meet him, you will have give him a hard time. He is seriously so hot. I cant get enough of him. He is great! I love you!

crystal said...

I love your interesting facts. You're a nice girl to do anything for friends. :)

Matchbox Mom said...

Lindz...I love you more!!! And I will definately give hot jonny a bad time, you know it!!!

Tams

Wendi said...

What fun facts about you! I ran Track in Jr. High/High school too. I was a long distance runner, but by no means a star.

I love that you are so fiercely loyal to your friends, and even though we've never MIRL (met in real life) I already consider you to be one of mine. Thanks for all of the kind comments on my blog all the time. You are a much better commenter than me.

I'm so sorry you're still sick too.

Poor us!!! =)

Cecily R said...

SO your comment on the whole Jon forgetting to wear a shirt incident? Priceless. So stinkin' funny!

bestofthebishops said...

tami!
we have something in common-yeah!oh wentworth miller! he is so HOT! that is the only reason i watched prison break season 1 & 2. i had to cut it out this year though--super sad--i was just watching way too much tv. i do miss him though, i sometimes look at pictures on the internet, you know just to get my fix! his eyes-wow!! don't get me started on josh duhamel and my other top 5 hot guys! kevin if you are reading this, i love you and you are hotter than all those guys.
love ya,
amy

Julie P. said...

I loved your comments. Didn't know most of that (except for Rob Thomas) :) so it's nice to learn.
Love ya.

Matchbox Mom said...

Wendi- I consider you one of my friends, too! You're too sweet and kind to not consider a friend!!

Amy- I totally don't understand how you could just nix Wentworth like that. I am ADDICTED! One more hour til it starts...been counting down all day. I also love Josh Duhamel...gotta love Las Vegas. I watch too much tv too, but i'm not as busy as you are. I love ya!

Cec- Well? Are his boobs stuck to his stomach or not?

Julie- I love ya, girl...what can I say? You're too cute with a too cute little guy!

crystal said...

Hey Tami, are you sick? I just saw your comment on Wendi's blog. Sick? Sad? Blue? I think you better cough it up. It does no good to hide in bed with the covers over your head--I know! :)

crystal said...

Hey, what's this about jackets for the Harlot Club? I never got mine! Jacket! Jacket! Jacket!

Cecily R said...

Hey Tams. So sorry about Tori (just read your comment at Crystal's). I understand not wanting to blog about it. I wouldn't either.

Just know I'm around. Call me whenever. I'm up. :)

KATE said...

I would do anything for ya too sweetie!!

I loved reading your new list! Track star, rock on! hee hee

I think it's so cool that you married your best friends brother. How fabulous that you get to be sisters now!! Too fun!!

KATE said...

How funny that you were "with child" so soon!! Ha ha, we were pregnant 7 months later, & I thought that was fast. Wow, you are a floozy!! ha ha ha

kim said...

Rude to marry your friends brother?

That's not rude, it's bonus -- you already know you like your in-laws!

KATE said...

Oh Tami...You have no idea just how SLUTTY I really am! ha ha
I am the most floozy-y (word?) girl in the bunch.
It's official we HAVE to hang out!! I love hanging out with my fellow tramps!!
ha ha

Natalie said...

We have a couple things in common...I don't have TiVo either. Sigh...

Also, I got pregnant really soon after getting married...six weeks! Eek! Yeah, I was excited and scared, but couldn't imagine life without my little Mackenzie. :) She's a blessing and a joy...most of the time. Then Jocelyn followed 26 months later. :) And...our plan is another in 3 years. So we have similar spacing in our kids. :)

Fun list, I like finding out about others. :)

Wendi said...

Hey cutie pie--read your comment on Crystal's blog. So sorry about sweet little Tori. Love you!

crystal said...

Oh, I just read my comments. That's a blow for your family--i'm so sorry. That's a lot on your bro&sis-in-law's plate. I'm feeling sad for you today. :(

Steph said...

OK, well I don't know what's going on with Tori (yet) as I haven't visited Crystal's blog yet...but will as soon as I finish here ((((((hugs))))))), sinc you need them.
On another note, I know you know but PRISON BREAK!!! I am so mad that it's over until January! And yes, when I finally got to watch it I was totally crapping my pants! I love that show! And WM, is sooooooo hot!

Steph said...

Just read your comment on Crystal's, so sorry. Hugs and love and prayers your direction.
Love ya.
~Steph
One of your 'bloggy' friends. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I had fun time reading this Wentworth is so hot! And I love watching PB too. I was disappointed that they weren't able to do the Break the last episode. Haaay.

I used to love MB20 some years ago. But I just kinda shifted... to something mellow now. But that doesn't say I no longer sing with them when I hear any of their song played.

Last, I don't think it's rude to marry your best friend's bro! No, no, no. Definitely not!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Well, I've yet to read the rest of the Tori story. {will go looking for the comment} But I have enjoyed the new info on you. I ran track too not fast and hated most of it... wrote a wonderful poem for the track coach about dying running the 2-mile! :)