Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I VOTED!



There you go!!! I did it, and there's my sticker to prove it! Now I can have my little toast in the morning, and I won't cringe everytime the phone rings. I'm so excited for tomorrow!!!




Tomorrow is little JS's birthday. He is going to be 4! So my sidebar is finally correct. Four years ago tonight I went into labor with the sweetest little boy in the world! He was born on my Mom's birthday. I had him at four in the morning. I called my Mom and said, "Happy Birthday!! Your present is up here at the hospital!" I'll never forget the excitement in her voice when she said, "He's HERE!!??" It wasn't more than about 30 minutes when she came through the door with my Daddy and my brother Brandon. They were all excited, but I think that there was something special between my Mom and JS. She has always called him her birthday buddy. So tomorrow is JS's birthday, and Grandma's birthday! This birthday is very special. Grandma is going to be 50.
I'm so excited for all of the fun things that we have planned. Mom and I had a lot of fun when Dad turned 50 in March. His birthday started with a messy car (thanks Tiff) and a phone call from me telling his whole work area that he was 50 that day. I then brought him a cake to work to share with the co-workers..hehe the cake had a skeleton on it. Then we went and got all of the party supplies. I met a funeral director in Layton, and we went to pick my Dad up in the hurse. hehehe!! We picked him up, and I had the radio station tuned in and the DJ came on and said "Happy Birthday Terry!...I understand you're riding in a hurse right now...man your kids are mean". It was so funny...then they played a song for him that he always sang to us kids when we were little. We drove around for awhile with our lights on in our 'procession'. We had signs around the neighborhood that said, 'Funeral...Happy Birthday Terry.' We had the hurse parked in the driveway all night! Then we had a party with all of Dad's siblings and his parents. I'll never forget that night. It was so fun. Here's Dad in his hurse...hehehe...kinda morbid, I know...Oh well.


I can't wait for my Mom to find all of our little surprises tomorrow. I really, really love my Mom. She is one of my best friends. I will definately document what goes on tomorrow. Can't wait for Joshua to be 4! He's so excited! I'm so proud of him.

16 comments:

Cecily R said...

Holy crap Tami, you guys are mean. And funny! I'm waiting on pins and needles to read about what you have planned for your mom!

HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY JOSH! 4 is big!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Big Guy! and I hope Mom survives the over-the-hill jokes you have planned for her :)

Hey, I was talking to a girl in my ward at enrichment tonight. She has 3 kids, 2 were born way early. I at 24 weeks 1 lb 2 oz, and the other at 26 weeks weighed 2 lbs somthing. They are both doing great. Her little boy, the tiny one, is 3 and is doing great! He has some slight vision problems (that are continuing to improve) and uses a walker, but he was running all over the cultural hall like a nut tonight (loving the wide open smooth floor)! I was telling her about Tori and Carter, and she said that she noticed in the NICU that when one twin died, the other always seemed to be strengthened by their spirit and do well.

Steph said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Being 4 is great, I have one too! And her birthday is exactly 1 month before yours, on October 7! Pretty cool huh?
I can't wait to hear what happens to your mom Tami! How fun are you?
Oh, and I VOTED too!

ZAM said...

That was mean fun! Hehehe. I bursting off my seat! I wonder what's it gonna be for your boy. :D

BTW, I think it's cool that your mother and your son's birthday fall on the same date. Neat!

Michelle said...

HA! That is the BEST! For my MIL's 60th birthday we had the party here at The Meadows Old Folks home. Blake's aunt knows the director and we were able to get the main room for our party. We had them pick her up from her house in one of their busses. I LOVE the hurse ides. Maybe I'll have to do that when my FIL turns 70.

Tell you little one happy birthday!

Heather S. said...

I voted first thing yesterday morning and after about 8 different calls from different people withing different organizations calling reminding me to vote (Remember, I had already voted at that point and so had my husband) I finally just took the phone off the hook and figured if anyone really needed to get ahold of me they could just call my cell phone. I'm glad election day is over.

Price's Write said...

Tag, you're it. Check my blog for more details. Also-Happy Birthday Josh!!

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

Ohmygoodness....a funeral/birthday!
I must say that is the first I have ever heard of that!

Sounds like you have a fun family!

Good for you - voting....I didn't.

kim said...

Awesome!

Can't wait to hear how it goes for the birthday buddies.

Cynthia said...

So cute that your Mom and Josh are birthday buddies! Have fun!

Kellan said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Joshua and have the best time with your mom. See ya.

crystal said...

A hearse?!?!?!? Seriously? OUCH. Well, more of an "OUCH/heeheehee." That is such a funny idea! How'd you think of it? I can't wait to hear about your mom's big day....

....keep us posted & have fun!

(also: thanks for your cute comments during the past week over at my place :) When I finally checked my blog & saw little messages from my Snuffie Friends, I felt so loved! It meant a lot--it's been a doozie of a few weeks)

Unknown said...

No wonder you're not home! We have been trying to call and sing Happy Birthday to Josh all day long! I guess we'll keep trying. But when he doesn't get a phone call from his friends on his birthday then he'll know who to blame...not us!!! And btw I might post some new pics just for you..maybe.

Natalie said...

That's too freaking funny! I'm afraid my husband is going to do something like that to me next year when I turn 30.

Happy birthday to Josh!

KATE said...

Wow, that is too fun!! Good job & very creative!

Happy Birthday Joshua!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

THat is pretty FUNNY!!!